May 20, 2011, 2:48 PM EST
Pretty much every talent evaluator, general manager and coach not in the playoffs is in Chicago right now for the NBA’s Draft Combine.
Not the Piston’s embattled coach John Kuester. Which seems to speak volumes to his status with the franchise.
But Kuester told the Detroit News he will be running individual workouts heading up to the draft. Those will start over the next few weeks, giving teams considering a player a closer look at what he can do.
That certainly doesn’t mean his status with the team is safe, especially once the sale of the Pistons to Tom Gores goes through. But the sale of a team is a tedious, long process and draft preparations cannot wait. So Kuester will be around, but likely have little if any input in who the Pistons select.
The Pistons have picks No. 8 and 33 in the draft.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6