May 20, 2011, 10:48 AM EDT
Mark Cuban still is not talking to the media during these playoffs — unless you want to hear how ABC picked up Shark Tank for 13 more episodes — but that doesn’t mean he isn’t talking.
And it doesn’t mean he is happy with the officiating.
Did you really expect him to be? Tim MacMahon of ESPN Dallas overheard part of a “conversation” Cuban was having as his team came off the court at halftime Thursday night.
While walking off the court, Cuban loudly asked officiating supervisor Bernie Fryer what he thought of the performance of referees Greg Willard, Bill Spooner and Tom Washington… Fryer told Cuban that he thought Thursday night’s crew had been “great” in the first half.
“Are you kidding me?” Cuban replied. “You’re not watching the same game I am.”
Cuban complained about moving screens and defensive three-second violations by the Thunder that he felt should have been called, among other things.
“Horrible,” Cuban said.
For the record, the officials are not why Dallas lost to the Thunder. It was that they could not adjust to a more physical, fronting defense on Dirk Nowitzki and they didn’t have an answer for Eric Maynor. And that should concern Mavs fans a lot more than the refs.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 1
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 22
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 21
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9