May 20, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Relax Heat fans, it’s just precautionary. Deep breathes.
Haslem stayed out of running drills, according to a tweet from our man Ira Winderman with the Sun-Sentinel. If there had been a game tonight Haslem could have gone, but with time off until Sunday he got some rest.
“I feel pretty good. My foot’s feeling pretty good. I’ve just got to tip my hat to the training staff. … So far, everything’s going the way we planned it.”
Haslem played 23 minutes against the Bulls in Game 2 and provided the toughness and rebounding they needed. Not to mention a block on Derrick Rose, a few points and one emphatic dunk. He was a game changer.
The Heat need him to be again on Sunday for Game 3, so he got to rest on Friday.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 0
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 13
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 19
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19