May 20, 2011, 4:49 PM EST
Relax Heat fans, it’s just precautionary. Deep breathes.
Haslem stayed out of running drills, according to a tweet from our man Ira Winderman with the Sun-Sentinel. If there had been a game tonight Haslem could have gone, but with time off until Sunday he got some rest.
“I feel pretty good. My foot’s feeling pretty good. I’ve just got to tip my hat to the training staff. … So far, everything’s going the way we planned it.”
Haslem played 23 minutes against the Bulls in Game 2 and provided the toughness and rebounding they needed. Not to mention a block on Derrick Rose, a few points and one emphatic dunk. He was a game changer.
The Heat need him to be again on Sunday for Game 3, so he got to rest on Friday.
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 7
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1