May 20, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Relax Heat fans, it’s just precautionary. Deep breathes.
Haslem stayed out of running drills, according to a tweet from our man Ira Winderman with the Sun-Sentinel. If there had been a game tonight Haslem could have gone, but with time off until Sunday he got some rest.
“I feel pretty good. My foot’s feeling pretty good. I’ve just got to tip my hat to the training staff. … So far, everything’s going the way we planned it.”
Haslem played 23 minutes against the Bulls in Game 2 and provided the toughness and rebounding they needed. Not to mention a block on Derrick Rose, a few points and one emphatic dunk. He was a game changer.
The Heat need him to be again on Sunday for Game 3, so he got to rest on Friday.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 18
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24