May 19, 2011, 11:15 AM EST
In what was a flood of commentary, this is the best of the Suns CEO Rick Welts coming out of the closet posts, from the brilliant Kevin Arnovitz at ESPN.
Remembering when Sam Presti made a reach and took the third leading scorer on the UCLA Bruins with the No. 4 pick in the draft. Some kid named Russell Westbrook. (For the record, those of us who saw a lot of that team loved Westbrook.)
Pretty much everybody is in Chicago for the NBA pre-draft camps this week. Except John Kuester, embattled coach of the Pistons. Read into that what you want.
Great point by Tim Kawakami at the San Jose Mercury News: The big mistake the Clippers made was not trading away their first round pick unprotected to the Cavaliers this year (it became the No. 1 overall pick) but signing Baron Davis to a massive contract in 2008, one they were willing to give up a first round pick to get out from under.
The idea of extending the sales tax increase that paid for the Milwaukee Brewers new home to pay for a new home for Bucks is being discussed.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 0
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 18
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42