May 19, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
In what was a flood of commentary, this is the best of the Suns CEO Rick Welts coming out of the closet posts, from the brilliant Kevin Arnovitz at ESPN.
Remembering when Sam Presti made a reach and took the third leading scorer on the UCLA Bruins with the No. 4 pick in the draft. Some kid named Russell Westbrook. (For the record, those of us who saw a lot of that team loved Westbrook.)
Pretty much everybody is in Chicago for the NBA pre-draft camps this week. Except John Kuester, embattled coach of the Pistons. Read into that what you want.
Great point by Tim Kawakami at the San Jose Mercury News: The big mistake the Clippers made was not trading away their first round pick unprotected to the Cavaliers this year (it became the No. 1 overall pick) but signing Baron Davis to a massive contract in 2008, one they were willing to give up a first round pick to get out from under.
The idea of extending the sales tax increase that paid for the Milwaukee Brewers new home to pay for a new home for Bucks is being discussed.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47