May 19, 2011, 10:28 AM EST
Kevin Durant shows up to his post-game press conferences dressed like an eager student ready to walk across the University of Texas campus to his Europe in the Twentieth Century history class.
Complete with his backpack. Straps buckled across the front. That he leaves on the entire time.
A backpack that you can soon own, thanks to Nike.
The shoe company that never misses a good marketing opportunity will be selling the backpacks as part of his KD III line, according to the Oklahoman.
Nike isn’t saying what the backpack will look like or cost yet, or even if it will have his initials on it. There is a Kobe Bryant backpack that costs $90, but Kobe does not do his post-game press conferences wearing it.
As for what is in Durant’s backpack… it’s not that exciting.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 0
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)