May 19, 2011, 10:28 AM EDT
Kevin Durant shows up to his post-game press conferences dressed like an eager student ready to walk across the University of Texas campus to his Europe in the Twentieth Century history class.
Complete with his backpack. Straps buckled across the front. That he leaves on the entire time.
A backpack that you can soon own, thanks to Nike.
The shoe company that never misses a good marketing opportunity will be selling the backpacks as part of his KD III line, according to the Oklahoman.
Nike isn’t saying what the backpack will look like or cost yet, or even if it will have his initials on it. There is a Kobe Bryant backpack that costs $90, but Kobe does not do his post-game press conferences wearing it.
As for what is in Durant’s backpack… it’s not that exciting.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 65
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 13
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32