May 19, 2011, 10:28 AM EDT
Kevin Durant shows up to his post-game press conferences dressed like an eager student ready to walk across the University of Texas campus to his Europe in the Twentieth Century history class.
Complete with his backpack. Straps buckled across the front. That he leaves on the entire time.
A backpack that you can soon own, thanks to Nike.
The shoe company that never misses a good marketing opportunity will be selling the backpacks as part of his KD III line, according to the Oklahoman.
Nike isn’t saying what the backpack will look like or cost yet, or even if it will have his initials on it. There is a Kobe Bryant backpack that costs $90, but Kobe does not do his post-game press conferences wearing it.
As for what is in Durant’s backpack… it’s not that exciting.
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 4
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8