May 19, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Charles Barkley and Dwyane Wade are not talking right now. Well, unless T-Mobile pays them to.
Yahoo’s Kelly Dwyer tweeted this last night after the Heat evened their series against the Chicago Bulls.
Overheard as I leave the UC. Dwyane Wade: “I’m not talking to you, man.” Charles Barkley: “What I do this time?” I think they were joking.
Then he noticed in the morning this note in the Miami Herald this morning.
TNT analyst and Basketball Hall of Famer Charles Barkley caused a stir Tuesday when he referred to the Heat as a “whiny bunch” on a Chicago radio station. Wade shot back Wednesday, referring to Barkley’s comments as “bandwagon” opinions.
“We don’t care what people have to say about us,” Wade said. “We’re coming out to win the game. And we understand what the word bandwagon means.”
Dwyer is right, Charles Barkley has been pretty consistent in beating up the Heat all season. He picked the Bulls before this series and he has been high on them much of the season. So, not sure how this got to be a bandwagon thing.
Wade later said he was done addressing what Barkley had to say. We hope so. You don’t have to talk to him. Well, until next time T-Mobile says you have to.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91