May 19, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Charles Barkley and Dwyane Wade are not talking right now. Well, unless T-Mobile pays them to.
Yahoo’s Kelly Dwyer tweeted this last night after the Heat evened their series against the Chicago Bulls.
Overheard as I leave the UC. Dwyane Wade: “I’m not talking to you, man.” Charles Barkley: “What I do this time?” I think they were joking.
Then he noticed in the morning this note in the Miami Herald this morning.
TNT analyst and Basketball Hall of Famer Charles Barkley caused a stir Tuesday when he referred to the Heat as a “whiny bunch” on a Chicago radio station. Wade shot back Wednesday, referring to Barkley’s comments as “bandwagon” opinions.
“We don’t care what people have to say about us,” Wade said. “We’re coming out to win the game. And we understand what the word bandwagon means.”
Dwyer is right, Charles Barkley has been pretty consistent in beating up the Heat all season. He picked the Bulls before this series and he has been high on them much of the season. So, not sure how this got to be a bandwagon thing.
Wade later said he was done addressing what Barkley had to say. We hope so. You don’t have to talk to him. Well, until next time T-Mobile says you have to.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 11
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30