May 19, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Charles Barkley and Dwyane Wade are not talking right now. Well, unless T-Mobile pays them to.
Yahoo’s Kelly Dwyer tweeted this last night after the Heat evened their series against the Chicago Bulls.
Overheard as I leave the UC. Dwyane Wade: “I’m not talking to you, man.” Charles Barkley: “What I do this time?” I think they were joking.
Then he noticed in the morning this note in the Miami Herald this morning.
TNT analyst and Basketball Hall of Famer Charles Barkley caused a stir Tuesday when he referred to the Heat as a “whiny bunch” on a Chicago radio station. Wade shot back Wednesday, referring to Barkley’s comments as “bandwagon” opinions.
“We don’t care what people have to say about us,” Wade said. “We’re coming out to win the game. And we understand what the word bandwagon means.”
Dwyer is right, Charles Barkley has been pretty consistent in beating up the Heat all season. He picked the Bulls before this series and he has been high on them much of the season. So, not sure how this got to be a bandwagon thing.
Wade later said he was done addressing what Barkley had to say. We hope so. You don’t have to talk to him. Well, until next time T-Mobile says you have to.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8