May 19, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Charles Barkley and Dwyane Wade are not talking right now. Well, unless T-Mobile pays them to.
Yahoo’s Kelly Dwyer tweeted this last night after the Heat evened their series against the Chicago Bulls.
Overheard as I leave the UC. Dwyane Wade: “I’m not talking to you, man.” Charles Barkley: “What I do this time?” I think they were joking.
Then he noticed in the morning this note in the Miami Herald this morning.
TNT analyst and Basketball Hall of Famer Charles Barkley caused a stir Tuesday when he referred to the Heat as a “whiny bunch” on a Chicago radio station. Wade shot back Wednesday, referring to Barkley’s comments as “bandwagon” opinions.
“We don’t care what people have to say about us,” Wade said. “We’re coming out to win the game. And we understand what the word bandwagon means.”
Dwyer is right, Charles Barkley has been pretty consistent in beating up the Heat all season. He picked the Bulls before this series and he has been high on them much of the season. So, not sure how this got to be a bandwagon thing.
Wade later said he was done addressing what Barkley had to say. We hope so. You don’t have to talk to him. Well, until next time T-Mobile says you have to.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11