May 18, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
You should decide this one for yourself.
Late last night we told you about Minnesota General Manager David Kahn implying that the fix was in on the lottery (and how that will cross the line with David Stern). On Wednesday Kahn has been saying he was simply making a little joke and that has been taken out of context.
Decide for yourself, watch the video.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To my ears, the part about knowing he would lose when he saw Nick Gilbert up there with him was intended as a joke. But then the pause and the second part about the NBA favoring good story lines was not. But you may see it differently so watch the much-discussed interview.
Also know that the league is considering a fine for Kahn for his comments. Joking or not.
For something less controversial, below is Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert talking about the Cavaliers having picks one and four in the upcoming draft (June 23).This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 7
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 46
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33