May 18, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
You should decide this one for yourself.
Late last night we told you about Minnesota General Manager David Kahn implying that the fix was in on the lottery (and how that will cross the line with David Stern). On Wednesday Kahn has been saying he was simply making a little joke and that has been taken out of context.
Decide for yourself, watch the video.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To my ears, the part about knowing he would lose when he saw Nick Gilbert up there with him was intended as a joke. But then the pause and the second part about the NBA favoring good story lines was not. But you may see it differently so watch the much-discussed interview.
Also know that the league is considering a fine for Kahn for his comments. Joking or not.
For something less controversial, below is Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert talking about the Cavaliers having picks one and four in the upcoming draft (June 23).This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 0
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 2
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6