May 18, 2011, 11:04 AM EST
Michael Jordan showed up on stage for Oprah Winfrey’s farewell episode. What, you expected less?
Great breakdown of the Heat’s isolation sets against Chicago at The Painted Area. Heat may want to do less of that Wednesday.
Larry Bird is going to talk to other people, but Frank Vogel is still the frontrunner for the Indiana Pacers coaching job.
The new NBA collective bargaining agreement may have an “amnesty” clause like the last one (which allows a team to take a player off their salary cap/luxury tax count and they can waive him, but he still does get paid). Who would your team waive?
John Amaechi, the former NBA player who came out as gay after his playing days, talks about the impact of Suns CEO Rick Welts decision to go public.
The Utah Jazz are pretty happy with how things broke for them at the draft lottery.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 10
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 28
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)