May 17, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Looks like the Houston Rockets are on to the second round of interviews for their head coaching gig.
Lawrence Frank, the Celtics lead assistant, is had a second interview with the Rockets Monday, according to Comcast Sports New England.
Frank, once the head coach of the New Jersey Nets, is one of the three finalists for the Rockets job. The other two are two former Timberwolves head coaches — Kevin McHale and current Mavericks lead assistant Dwane Casey.
The person hired will replace Rick Adelman, who did a good job as Rockets head coach but the franchise chose to go another direction as they started to rebuild the team around a new core.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13