May 17, 2011, 5:50 PM EST
All 14 teams with a chance to win tonight’s NBA Draft lottery will be sending a representative to the drawing in Seacaucus, just like they do every year.
This season, however, the lottery will have an unusual guest — former Duke point guard and projected #1 pick Kyrie Irving. According to Jonathan Givony of Draft Express, Irving will be attending the lottery with Jeff Wechsler, his agent.
Irving is projected to be the #1 pick, but he’s not as much of a lock as John Wall or Blake Griffin were in years past, and some teams, like the Wizards, would probably pass on Irving if they got the #1 pick. In that spirit, this could be a way for Irving to convince whatever team wins the lottery to pick him, and may end up being a good career move for him down the line. Or maybe the Austrailian-born Irving just couldn’t pass up the chance to spend some time in Seacaucus. Tonight’s draft lottery is scheduled for 8:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 8
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13