May 17, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
All 14 teams with a chance to win tonight’s NBA Draft lottery will be sending a representative to the drawing in Seacaucus, just like they do every year.
This season, however, the lottery will have an unusual guest — former Duke point guard and projected #1 pick Kyrie Irving. According to Jonathan Givony of Draft Express, Irving will be attending the lottery with Jeff Wechsler, his agent.
Irving is projected to be the #1 pick, but he’s not as much of a lock as John Wall or Blake Griffin were in years past, and some teams, like the Wizards, would probably pass on Irving if they got the #1 pick. In that spirit, this could be a way for Irving to convince whatever team wins the lottery to pick him, and may end up being a good career move for him down the line. Or maybe the Austrailian-born Irving just couldn’t pass up the chance to spend some time in Seacaucus. Tonight’s draft lottery is scheduled for 8:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38