May 17, 2011, 5:50 PM EST
All 14 teams with a chance to win tonight’s NBA Draft lottery will be sending a representative to the drawing in Seacaucus, just like they do every year.
This season, however, the lottery will have an unusual guest — former Duke point guard and projected #1 pick Kyrie Irving. According to Jonathan Givony of Draft Express, Irving will be attending the lottery with Jeff Wechsler, his agent.
Irving is projected to be the #1 pick, but he’s not as much of a lock as John Wall or Blake Griffin were in years past, and some teams, like the Wizards, would probably pass on Irving if they got the #1 pick. In that spirit, this could be a way for Irving to convince whatever team wins the lottery to pick him, and may end up being a good career move for him down the line. Or maybe the Austrailian-born Irving just couldn’t pass up the chance to spend some time in Seacaucus. Tonight’s draft lottery is scheduled for 8:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 6
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6