May 17, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
All 14 teams with a chance to win tonight’s NBA Draft lottery will be sending a representative to the drawing in Seacaucus, just like they do every year.
This season, however, the lottery will have an unusual guest — former Duke point guard and projected #1 pick Kyrie Irving. According to Jonathan Givony of Draft Express, Irving will be attending the lottery with Jeff Wechsler, his agent.
Irving is projected to be the #1 pick, but he’s not as much of a lock as John Wall or Blake Griffin were in years past, and some teams, like the Wizards, would probably pass on Irving if they got the #1 pick. In that spirit, this could be a way for Irving to convince whatever team wins the lottery to pick him, and may end up being a good career move for him down the line. Or maybe the Austrailian-born Irving just couldn’t pass up the chance to spend some time in Seacaucus. Tonight’s draft lottery is scheduled for 8:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19