May 17, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT
Andre Iguodala isn’t sure where he is going to play next year. Well, he said he was looking forward to being back in the NBA, but that’s a little vague.
The Sixers may or may not be that place, but he’s not pushing his way out.
That’s what Ed Snider — the chairman of Comcast-Spectacor that owns the Sixers — told John Gonzalez of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Iguodala probably has read a thousand articles about why we should trade him and why he’s not worth the money. He’s probably hedging his own bet. Don’t forget, after that, he added he wanted to be with the same team his entire career. He’s been put through the ringer by so-called basketball experts and writers. He certainly hasn’t asked to be traded. I think it was an unfortunate interpretation of his words.
I’ll question the unfortunate interpretation part — when you’re that vague rather than saying you want to be back with your teammates you invite speculation — but in the end that is moot. What matters is what other teams would offer for Iggy. The Sixers may test the waters, but they do not need to dive in. They can afford to be patient.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 0
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 0
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 35
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 23
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 15
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay