May 16, 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
Kevin Arnovitz — one of the best in the business and a guy I miss seeing regularly at Clippers games — has the best breakdown I’ve read of what went wrong with the Heat Sunday.
NBA Commissioner David Stern wrote a piece in the Sacramento Bee thanking the people of that city for their drive to keep the team.
Danny Nowell is in the midst of a fascinating three-part post on what has gone wrong with the Orlando Magic. Go read this Magic fans.
Coach Scott Brooks actually banned the Thunder from running the ally-oop for a couple years because they looked for it too much and ran it too poorly. Clearly, it is back now. And they know how to run it.
There’s still a lot of Heat hate out there. (My neighbor, not a huge basketball fan, had the Bulls vs. Heat on last night and when I asked why he said “because I want to watch the Heat lose.”)
Hip-hop star Common talks about being a Bulls ball boy back in the day.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was back in Milwaukee talking NBA the other day, remembering fondly his time in the city.
It’s hard to talk about improving the Hawks without knowing what the new CBA will be. Once we all do know, we’ll see just how insanely difficult that task will be.
Totally unrelated to basketball but I loved it — The Big Lebowski last supper.
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 5
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 12
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 23
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 7
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final