Shannon Brown has something he wants to make clear about Pau Gasol’s love life

May 15, 2011, 3:02 PM EDT

Brown_Shannon

So, about all the rumors and innuendo regarding Pau Gasol‘s personal life and how it affected the end of his season. You’d expect most members of the Lakers’ organization to remain silent about the issue. I mean, after all, talking about it, in any context, is only going to make things worse. You don’t want to exacerbate an already sensitive situation by drawing more attention to it. The media, paparazzi and yes, fans already do a good enough job bringing undue attention to minor situations and blowing them out of proportion. So it’s good that the Lakers have all exercised restraint in what I’m sure is a flurry of seedy allegations and preposterous rumors… crap.

From Shannon Brown on Twitter last night:

Well, done, Shannon. No one was really asking you that publicly, and if they were, we’d consider them to be idiots, but in making a bold, late night denial you’ve just added more fuel to the fire. As a side note, you may want to consider stressing your use of the possessive in instances such as this, as taking this tweet literally leads us to believe you did not sleep with that “Pau Gasol woman.” Which we’re pretty sure is not what you meant. If it is, then we have a whole other heap of stuff that we don’t want to talk about.

In Shannon’s defense, this does seem to be endemic of what’s been going on with him and the Lakers this month. Got ahead of themselves, didn’t think the situation through, fired something up, and missed a key element. In unrelated news, Peja Stojakovic has zero typos over the last month and a half.

Oh, well, Shannon, whatever gets you through the offseason.

1. 0b1kin0b - May 15, 2011 at 3:30 PM

I don’t think the writers on this site can say a word about someone else’s typos.

2. torotrigger - May 15, 2011 at 3:40 PM

maybe he shouldve “sleep with paugasol woman”

3. rreducla1 - May 15, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I have been a Laker fan since the Showtime years, and I remember when Kurt Helin started Forum Blue & Gold several years ago. Helin wanted a site where people focused on basketball, on the game on the court, instead of on soap operas and conflicts, etc. Helin also wanted a site where people were civil, etc.

FBG was and is a big success, and now Helin has moved up to NBCSports.com–and is working with a guy who posts the kind of stuff about the team that Matt Moore does. Ahh, life’s little twists.

Think I’ll develop a metric that compares Moore, Abbott, and Simmons–measure who embarrasses himself the most when writing about the Lakers.

4. bloggingainteazzy - May 15, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Has anyone seen Pau Gasol’s woman? I’m curious to what this broad looks like!

• stuckonwords - May 15, 2011 at 5:37 PM

• 1buckeye76 - May 15, 2011 at 7:12 PM

damn! that’s a nice one.

5. 1buckeye76 - May 15, 2011 at 4:27 PM

‘they was already broked up”

6. cosanostra71 - May 15, 2011 at 6:53 PM

sigh… don’t like when the only Lakers news at this time of the year is about who did or didn’t sleep with Pau’s gf.

7. bigkurt6 - May 15, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Lmao, you guys are lucky there is any Lakers news!!!!!!!

8. bloggingainteazzy - May 15, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Eh I don’t know if I was a multi millionaire athlete I would lose sleep over that one.. I’ve sure as the hell have seen better but hey one man’s trash is another man’s treasure lol

9. dysraw1 - May 15, 2011 at 9:05 PM

what in the hell does this got to do with b ball

10. efueshe - May 16, 2011 at 3:52 AM

I know you guys pump out many articles a day, but how can you criticize Shannon Brown’s grammar when your own article is rattled with wrong comma usage, convoluted statements and fragments? Please, reread THIS article alone before you even dream of correcting someone else’s grammar.

• mytthor - May 16, 2011 at 5:29 AM

Did you mean “many articles per day,” or “many articles in a day?” Just curious.

• mikeminnc - May 16, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Hey now, give the guy a break. He is probably just a little riddled because the first poster’s comments were so rattled with errors.

11. 1historian - May 16, 2011 at 7:35 AM

I have never liked the lakers, I don’t now and I never will, but I always respected the organization because of the people representing it.

Their conduct over the last 8 days has cured that.

• mytthor - May 16, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Yeah, you gotta stop respecting an organization with 15 titles and uncounted other glories when their 7th man has bad grammar in a tweet. Or maybe it was because their player made a totally uncalled for ridiculous hard foul on a player. So you stopped respecting Detroit in the late 80′s? Celtics lost your respect when McHale clotheslined Rambis? Or also a team who would employ a time bomb like Artest. So long, Sacramento, Houston, Indiana, Chicago. If you consider Stephen Jackson from the “Malice at the Palace,” we can cross off the Spurs, and you would have lost respect for every title winning team since 1983. Except the Heat. Who I’m sure you have the utmost respect for, and have never done a negative post against.

Or, you hate the Lakers, and something that you find possible to overlook on every other team in the league makes you “lose respect” for them.

Lakers fans like me (that’s real fans, not bandwagoners) find it amusing when other people seem to feel stronger hate for our team than love for your own. You chant “BEAT LA,” we laugh because without being one of the greatest franchises in sports history, there’d be no reason for you to chant that. Nobody chants “BEAT SD” for my beloved Padres.

PS – this post directed more toward the multitude of Laker haters out there, not specifically toward you.

12. 1historian - May 16, 2011 at 7:39 AM

FYI – I am 67+ years old and if anyone out there wishes to call me not only a prude (if you even know what what means) but an OLD prude, you are welcome to do so.
    All I would ask is that you ask yourselves this one question – if I had kids would I want people like this as their role models?
    Because, no matter what Sir Charles said, pro athletes ARE role models.

13. taxrate - May 16, 2011 at 1:27 PM

This guy, man. They all need to go! http://thesportslowdown.com/2011/05/16/hell-yeah-i-said-it–lakers-should-trade-everybody-for-howard.aspx

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches