May 13, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
Interesting note in ESPN’s Ric Bucher’s chat Friday, when a Golden State Warriors fan said Brian Shaw and Chuck Person were the front runners to be the next head coach in the Bay Area.
Your sources are half right. Chuck and Brian are serious about getting the job and will be interviewed. But all signs point to Mike Brown being the Warriors next head coach.
Brown if the former Cleveland Brown coach who had a lot of success. But, he also had LeBron James and had to deal with a lot of questions about his offensive sets.
But Brown is a defense first guy, and owner Joe Lacob (who had been a minority Celtics owner) clearly wants to build on a defense-first model.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 8
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 9
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 59
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 65
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 41
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8