May 13, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
This has been a good NBA playoffs for TNT. Well, except for watching Kenny Smith take a long walk to a dull but large video board. Aside that it’s been great.
TNT’s ratings are up 25 percent on the 33 games it has broadcast so far, reports Tom Ziller at SBN. That follows a patter of ratings being up through the regular season and in the first round as well compared to last year.
And it will only get better — TNT has the exclusive rights to the Heat vs. Bulls Eastern Conference finals starting Thursday night. That will be a ratings bonanza.
This is normally the part of the post where there would be some snide remark about Charles Barkley, but as he has been nailing his predictions these playoffs we’ll just keep our mouths shut.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90