May 13, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
This has been a good NBA playoffs for TNT. Well, except for watching Kenny Smith take a long walk to a dull but large video board. Aside that it’s been great.
TNT’s ratings are up 25 percent on the 33 games it has broadcast so far, reports Tom Ziller at SBN. That follows a patter of ratings being up through the regular season and in the first round as well compared to last year.
And it will only get better — TNT has the exclusive rights to the Heat vs. Bulls Eastern Conference finals starting Thursday night. That will be a ratings bonanza.
This is normally the part of the post where there would be some snide remark about Charles Barkley, but as he has been nailing his predictions these playoffs we’ll just keep our mouths shut.
- Three coaches who could replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 4
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 14
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43