May 13, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
This has been a good NBA playoffs for TNT. Well, except for watching Kenny Smith take a long walk to a dull but large video board. Aside that it’s been great.
TNT’s ratings are up 25 percent on the 33 games it has broadcast so far, reports Tom Ziller at SBN. That follows a patter of ratings being up through the regular season and in the first round as well compared to last year.
And it will only get better — TNT has the exclusive rights to the Heat vs. Bulls Eastern Conference finals starting Thursday night. That will be a ratings bonanza.
This is normally the part of the post where there would be some snide remark about Charles Barkley, but as he has been nailing his predictions these playoffs we’ll just keep our mouths shut.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 13
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 12
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16