May 13, 2011, 10:31 AM EST
Brian Shaw remains the most likely guy to replace Phil Jackson on the Lakers bench. Getting the endorsement of Kobe Bryant matters.
But if the Lakers go another direction (hello Rick Adelman) Shaw is going to have options.
The Golden State Warriors got permission to talk to Shaw, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area. Shaw is an Oakland native.
Shaw also will interview with the Lakers and was part of the massive Houston Rockets search (but he did not make the list of finalists there). All this interest in Shaw (with other jobs like the Detroit head coach likely to become available soon) may push the Lakers to lock him up sooner if they are going to keep him.
The Warriors also are talking to Jeff Van Gundy, former Jazz coach Jerry Sloan, former Cavaliers headman Mike Brown and former Timberwolves head coach and current Mavericks assistant Dwane Casey.
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 2
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 11
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)