May 13, 2011, 10:31 AM EST
Brian Shaw remains the most likely guy to replace Phil Jackson on the Lakers bench. Getting the endorsement of Kobe Bryant matters.
But if the Lakers go another direction (hello Rick Adelman) Shaw is going to have options.
The Golden State Warriors got permission to talk to Shaw, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area. Shaw is an Oakland native.
Shaw also will interview with the Lakers and was part of the massive Houston Rockets search (but he did not make the list of finalists there). All this interest in Shaw (with other jobs like the Detroit head coach likely to become available soon) may push the Lakers to lock him up sooner if they are going to keep him.
The Warriors also are talking to Jeff Van Gundy, former Jazz coach Jerry Sloan, former Cavaliers headman Mike Brown and former Timberwolves head coach and current Mavericks assistant Dwane Casey.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 1
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 13
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12