May 13, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
Let the war of words begin.
After the Bulls eliminated the Atlanta Hawks on Thursday in convincing fashion, thoughts turned to the next series and the Miami Heat. How do you beat the Heat’s big three?
Carlos Boozer says the Heat have two great players. Hmm, which member of the Big 3 did he leave out?
I have a guess!
Chris Bosh is going to be a big part of the Heat’s attack in this series. For one, he has to provide some points in paint in this series while likely having Joakim Noah on him. More interestingly, Bosh sets a lot of high screens for the Heat but Noah is one of the better pick-and-roll defending big men in the league. Bosh needs to find a way to make him pay for hard hedges out to stop the ball handler (usually Dwyane Wade or LeBron James).
If Bosh isn’t a great player this series, the Bulls will have a big advantage.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 24
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 4
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 59
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6