May 12, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
He has done this all season long — when Kevin Durant does a post-game interview he is often wearing a backpack. In the locker room, on a podium, wearing a sweater or a shirt and tie, doesn’t matter. He’s wearing a backpack.
That lead’s to the greatest mystery of this NBA season: What is in it?
After a huge Game 5 win, a reporter asked him.
Not that exciting.
His iPad (everybody in the NBA has an iPad, sometimes like cell phones more than one), plus a Bible, his headphones and his cell phone chargers.
That’s it. Boring.
He hammed it up a little for the TNT crew with the same question — somehow fitting a suitcase worth of clothes in that little backpack in that joking segment.
We may never know the real answer. I hate to think it’s as tedious and mundane as cell phone chargers. I think he has proof of the final landing spot for Amelia Earhart, but that’s just me.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 11
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 42
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22