May 12, 2011, 11:51 AM EST
He has done this all season long — when Kevin Durant does a post-game interview he is often wearing a backpack. In the locker room, on a podium, wearing a sweater or a shirt and tie, doesn’t matter. He’s wearing a backpack.
That lead’s to the greatest mystery of this NBA season: What is in it?
After a huge Game 5 win, a reporter asked him.
Not that exciting.
His iPad (everybody in the NBA has an iPad, sometimes like cell phones more than one), plus a Bible, his headphones and his cell phone chargers.
That’s it. Boring.
He hammed it up a little for the TNT crew with the same question — somehow fitting a suitcase worth of clothes in that little backpack in that joking segment.
We may never know the real answer. I hate to think it’s as tedious and mundane as cell phone chargers. I think he has proof of the final landing spot for Amelia Earhart, but that’s just me.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30