May 12, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
He has done this all season long — when Kevin Durant does a post-game interview he is often wearing a backpack. In the locker room, on a podium, wearing a sweater or a shirt and tie, doesn’t matter. He’s wearing a backpack.
That lead’s to the greatest mystery of this NBA season: What is in it?
After a huge Game 5 win, a reporter asked him.
Not that exciting.
His iPad (everybody in the NBA has an iPad, sometimes like cell phones more than one), plus a Bible, his headphones and his cell phone chargers.
That’s it. Boring.
He hammed it up a little for the TNT crew with the same question — somehow fitting a suitcase worth of clothes in that little backpack in that joking segment.
We may never know the real answer. I hate to think it’s as tedious and mundane as cell phone chargers. I think he has proof of the final landing spot for Amelia Earhart, but that’s just me.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 3
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 12
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 15
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43