May 12, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
He has done this all season long — when Kevin Durant does a post-game interview he is often wearing a backpack. In the locker room, on a podium, wearing a sweater or a shirt and tie, doesn’t matter. He’s wearing a backpack.
That lead’s to the greatest mystery of this NBA season: What is in it?
After a huge Game 5 win, a reporter asked him.
Not that exciting.
His iPad (everybody in the NBA has an iPad, sometimes like cell phones more than one), plus a Bible, his headphones and his cell phone chargers.
That’s it. Boring.
He hammed it up a little for the TNT crew with the same question — somehow fitting a suitcase worth of clothes in that little backpack in that joking segment.
We may never know the real answer. I hate to think it’s as tedious and mundane as cell phone chargers. I think he has proof of the final landing spot for Amelia Earhart, but that’s just me.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25