May 11, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Usually my gut reaction is to just shred the voters when the NBA’s annual awards are announced. Because there always are some loopy choices.
Except, with the All-Rookie teams announced Wednesday, I don’t hate it. First, so what we know we are talking about, here is your NBA All-Rookie first team:
While we’re at it, here’s the NBA All-Rookie second team:
I don’t hate it, not even as we move down the list of guys who didn’t make the cut. I’d really like to know who voted Omer Asik of the Bulls on the All-Rookie first team, but that’s back to our always-bothersome transparency issue.
You can make an argument that Monroe deserved to be on the first team and would have been if voters could have actually stomached watching more Pistons games. But I’m good with Cousins being your center on that first lineup and saying he had a better year than Monroe. As with all things Detroit, blame coach John Kuester for this problem. If you ant to put Monroe on the first team for Neal (and forget positioning), that makes sense to me, but either way I’m not that troubled.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4