May 11, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Stunning revelation: Probably the best Knicks point guard ever thinks arguably the best point guard in the game today would be a good fit with the Knicks.
We’re big fans of Earl “The Pearl” Monroe — the one interview I’ve done where my father was thrilled I was doing it — and he spoke for pretty much every Knicks fan telling the New York Post he thinks CP3 would be a good fit.
“I’m quite sure he would relish being in the Big Apple,” said Monroe, who coached the New York City team vs. L.A. in yesterday’s inaugural People’s Games at Union Square. “He can handle this pressure. Obviously he’s one of the premier point guards in the league. To add that with what you already have, you got the real nucleus to having something special happen closer than in four years.”
Much like Dwight Howard, speculating about where Paul will land is futile until we see the new Collective Bargaining Agreement after the lockout. The Knicks may well not have the cap space to sign him as a free agent after locking down Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire. They are not flush with trade assets everybody wants. There are a lot of hurdles.
But yes, Paul would work well for the Knicks. I can say that about 29 other teams, too.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 3
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29