May 11, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Stunning revelation: Probably the best Knicks point guard ever thinks arguably the best point guard in the game today would be a good fit with the Knicks.
We’re big fans of Earl “The Pearl” Monroe — the one interview I’ve done where my father was thrilled I was doing it — and he spoke for pretty much every Knicks fan telling the New York Post he thinks CP3 would be a good fit.
“I’m quite sure he would relish being in the Big Apple,” said Monroe, who coached the New York City team vs. L.A. in yesterday’s inaugural People’s Games at Union Square. “He can handle this pressure. Obviously he’s one of the premier point guards in the league. To add that with what you already have, you got the real nucleus to having something special happen closer than in four years.”
Much like Dwight Howard, speculating about where Paul will land is futile until we see the new Collective Bargaining Agreement after the lockout. The Knicks may well not have the cap space to sign him as a free agent after locking down Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire. They are not flush with trade assets everybody wants. There are a lot of hurdles.
But yes, Paul would work well for the Knicks. I can say that about 29 other teams, too.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 12
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 15
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2