May 11, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
Stunning revelation: Probably the best Knicks point guard ever thinks arguably the best point guard in the game today would be a good fit with the Knicks.
We’re big fans of Earl “The Pearl” Monroe — the one interview I’ve done where my father was thrilled I was doing it — and he spoke for pretty much every Knicks fan telling the New York Post he thinks CP3 would be a good fit.
“I’m quite sure he would relish being in the Big Apple,” said Monroe, who coached the New York City team vs. L.A. in yesterday’s inaugural People’s Games at Union Square. “He can handle this pressure. Obviously he’s one of the premier point guards in the league. To add that with what you already have, you got the real nucleus to having something special happen closer than in four years.”
Much like Dwight Howard, speculating about where Paul will land is futile until we see the new Collective Bargaining Agreement after the lockout. The Knicks may well not have the cap space to sign him as a free agent after locking down Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire. They are not flush with trade assets everybody wants. There are a lot of hurdles.
But yes, Paul would work well for the Knicks. I can say that about 29 other teams, too.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona