May 10, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
According to Chris Littman of The Sporting News, Bobcats Guard Gerald Henderson underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip on Tuesday. He is expected to be out of action for 4-6 months after the surgery.
The 23-year old Duke product had a slow start to the season, but came on strong near the end of the year, averaging 16.3 points on 44.8% shooting in April, and he went off for 32 points against the Magic on April 6th. The Bobcats have a team option on Henderson through the end of the 2013 season, so one imagines he is a part of their future plans — hopefully he makes a full recovery, and will be ready to pick up where he left off at the end of 2011 when next season begins.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8