May 10, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
According to Chris Littman of The Sporting News, Bobcats Guard Gerald Henderson underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip on Tuesday. He is expected to be out of action for 4-6 months after the surgery.
The 23-year old Duke product had a slow start to the season, but came on strong near the end of the year, averaging 16.3 points on 44.8% shooting in April, and he went off for 32 points against the Magic on April 6th. The Bobcats have a team option on Henderson through the end of the 2013 season, so one imagines he is a part of their future plans — hopefully he makes a full recovery, and will be ready to pick up where he left off at the end of 2011 when next season begins.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31