May 10, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
According to Chris Littman of The Sporting News, Bobcats Guard Gerald Henderson underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip on Tuesday. He is expected to be out of action for 4-6 months after the surgery.
The 23-year old Duke product had a slow start to the season, but came on strong near the end of the year, averaging 16.3 points on 44.8% shooting in April, and he went off for 32 points against the Magic on April 6th. The Bobcats have a team option on Henderson through the end of the 2013 season, so one imagines he is a part of their future plans — hopefully he makes a full recovery, and will be ready to pick up where he left off at the end of 2011 when next season begins.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30