May 10, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
According to Chris Littman of The Sporting News, Bobcats Guard Gerald Henderson underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip on Tuesday. He is expected to be out of action for 4-6 months after the surgery.
The 23-year old Duke product had a slow start to the season, but came on strong near the end of the year, averaging 16.3 points on 44.8% shooting in April, and he went off for 32 points against the Magic on April 6th. The Bobcats have a team option on Henderson through the end of the 2013 season, so one imagines he is a part of their future plans — hopefully he makes a full recovery, and will be ready to pick up where he left off at the end of 2011 when next season begins.
- Klay Thompson says he expects to play next season with Warriors, not be traded 0
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 24
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 55
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19