May 10, 2011, 6:46 PM EDT
According to Chris Littman of The Sporting News, Bobcats Guard Gerald Henderson underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip on Tuesday. He is expected to be out of action for 4-6 months after the surgery.
The 23-year old Duke product had a slow start to the season, but came on strong near the end of the year, averaging 16.3 points on 44.8% shooting in April, and he went off for 32 points against the Magic on April 6th. The Bobcats have a team option on Henderson through the end of the 2013 season, so one imagines he is a part of their future plans — hopefully he makes a full recovery, and will be ready to pick up where he left off at the end of 2011 when next season begins.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 0
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 4
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 12
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43