May 10, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
Last season, Glen Davis was a playoffs star for the Celtics. He was Shrek. He averaged 7.3 points per payoff game on 47.6 percent shooting, this season it has fallen to 4.8 on 39 percent. Rebounds are down, too. His PER has dropped from 14.5 (solid bench player level) to 4.6 (hope to hang on in the D-League level).
Davis owned up to it after the Celtics loss, as he told CSN New England.
“I’ve been nowhere to be found this whole playoffs,” he said. “I need to find myself.”
Davis was left searching for words following the Celtics’ Game 4 overtime loss to the Miami Heat on Monday night at TD Garden. Rather than providing his team with a necessary spark off the bench, the Celtics sixth man shot just 1-for-4 in nearly 17 minutes.
“I’m frustrated,” he said. “Really frustrated.”
So are all the Celtics. And their fans.
Davis has in part been neutralized by the Heat’s small lineups, and is struggling for answers, looking at himself first. So are all the Celtics. But the time to find those answers is fleeting.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay