May 9, 2011, 10:28 AM EDT
After interviewing a candidate pool roughly the size of the population of India, the Houston Chronicle reports they Rockets have narrowed the search to three finalists:
Lawrence Frank, Dwane Casey and Kevin McHale.
All three of them are former NBA head coaches. Frank is the current lead assistant for the Boston Celtics, Casey is still working as an assistant in Dallas right now. McHale is working as an analysit for NBA TV.
While the Rockets are going to be rebuilding their team, it is interesting that Rockets GM Daryl Morey does not have a younger, assistant coach who can grow with a younger team. He is not taking that chance, he is going with someone who may have learned something on the job and wants a second chance. People he felt comfortable working with.
No word on when a final decision will be reached.
- Eastern Conference Finals preview: Pacers vs. Heat 3
- Clippers let go of Vinny Del Negro as coach 20
- Durant donates $1 million to Oklahoma City tornado disaster relief efforts 14
- Odds for the NBA Draft Lottery (that teams don’t care if they win) 11
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 9
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery