May 9, 2011, 10:28 AM EST
After interviewing a candidate pool roughly the size of the population of India, the Houston Chronicle reports they Rockets have narrowed the search to three finalists:
Lawrence Frank, Dwane Casey and Kevin McHale.
All three of them are former NBA head coaches. Frank is the current lead assistant for the Boston Celtics, Casey is still working as an assistant in Dallas right now. McHale is working as an analysit for NBA TV.
While the Rockets are going to be rebuilding their team, it is interesting that Rockets GM Daryl Morey does not have a younger, assistant coach who can grow with a younger team. He is not taking that chance, he is going with someone who may have learned something on the job and wants a second chance. People he felt comfortable working with.
No word on when a final decision will be reached.
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 2
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 13
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41