May 9, 2011, 10:28 AM EDT
After interviewing a candidate pool roughly the size of the population of India, the Houston Chronicle reports they Rockets have narrowed the search to three finalists:
Lawrence Frank, Dwane Casey and Kevin McHale.
All three of them are former NBA head coaches. Frank is the current lead assistant for the Boston Celtics, Casey is still working as an assistant in Dallas right now. McHale is working as an analysit for NBA TV.
While the Rockets are going to be rebuilding their team, it is interesting that Rockets GM Daryl Morey does not have a younger, assistant coach who can grow with a younger team. He is not taking that chance, he is going with someone who may have learned something on the job and wants a second chance. People he felt comfortable working with.
No word on when a final decision will be reached.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 21
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 34
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 26
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12