May 9, 2011, 10:28 AM EST
After interviewing a candidate pool roughly the size of the population of India, the Houston Chronicle reports they Rockets have narrowed the search to three finalists:
Lawrence Frank, Dwane Casey and Kevin McHale.
All three of them are former NBA head coaches. Frank is the current lead assistant for the Boston Celtics, Casey is still working as an assistant in Dallas right now. McHale is working as an analysit for NBA TV.
While the Rockets are going to be rebuilding their team, it is interesting that Rockets GM Daryl Morey does not have a younger, assistant coach who can grow with a younger team. He is not taking that chance, he is going with someone who may have learned something on the job and wants a second chance. People he felt comfortable working with.
No word on when a final decision will be reached.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9