May 9, 2011, 6:15 PM EDT
According to multiple sources, Celtics point guard will start Game 4 after dislocating his left elbow during a collision with Dwyane Wade in Game 3, only to return in the fourth quarter. Rondo will wear a brace on his left elbow, which will restrict his range of motion but lower the risk of the elbow becoming displaced again.
It’s hard to say how much the injury will impact Rondo’s play. Rondo looked extremely hesitant to pass or dribble with his left hand near the end of Game 3. If his elbow doesn’t feel significantly better, he will obviously be at a huge disadvantage, even though Rondo isn’t much of a shooter. The only thing resembling good news for Boston fans in this situation is that backup guard Delonte West has been playing well after struggling with his own injuries all season long — West averaged 10 points per game on 55% shooting in the first three games of the series.
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 39
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10