May 9, 2011, 6:15 PM EST
According to multiple sources, Celtics point guard will start Game 4 after dislocating his left elbow during a collision with Dwyane Wade in Game 3, only to return in the fourth quarter. Rondo will wear a brace on his left elbow, which will restrict his range of motion but lower the risk of the elbow becoming displaced again.
It’s hard to say how much the injury will impact Rondo’s play. Rondo looked extremely hesitant to pass or dribble with his left hand near the end of Game 3. If his elbow doesn’t feel significantly better, he will obviously be at a huge disadvantage, even though Rondo isn’t much of a shooter. The only thing resembling good news for Boston fans in this situation is that backup guard Delonte West has been playing well after struggling with his own injuries all season long — West averaged 10 points per game on 55% shooting in the first three games of the series.
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5