May 9, 2011, 6:15 PM EDT
According to multiple sources, Celtics point guard will start Game 4 after dislocating his left elbow during a collision with Dwyane Wade in Game 3, only to return in the fourth quarter. Rondo will wear a brace on his left elbow, which will restrict his range of motion but lower the risk of the elbow becoming displaced again.
It’s hard to say how much the injury will impact Rondo’s play. Rondo looked extremely hesitant to pass or dribble with his left hand near the end of Game 3. If his elbow doesn’t feel significantly better, he will obviously be at a huge disadvantage, even though Rondo isn’t much of a shooter. The only thing resembling good news for Boston fans in this situation is that backup guard Delonte West has been playing well after struggling with his own injuries all season long — West averaged 10 points per game on 55% shooting in the first three games of the series.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49