May 9, 2011, 6:15 PM EST
According to multiple sources, Celtics point guard will start Game 4 after dislocating his left elbow during a collision with Dwyane Wade in Game 3, only to return in the fourth quarter. Rondo will wear a brace on his left elbow, which will restrict his range of motion but lower the risk of the elbow becoming displaced again.
It’s hard to say how much the injury will impact Rondo’s play. Rondo looked extremely hesitant to pass or dribble with his left hand near the end of Game 3. If his elbow doesn’t feel significantly better, he will obviously be at a huge disadvantage, even though Rondo isn’t much of a shooter. The only thing resembling good news for Boston fans in this situation is that backup guard Delonte West has been playing well after struggling with his own injuries all season long — West averaged 10 points per game on 55% shooting in the first three games of the series.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6