May 9, 2011, 6:15 PM EDT
According to multiple sources, Celtics point guard will start Game 4 after dislocating his left elbow during a collision with Dwyane Wade in Game 3, only to return in the fourth quarter. Rondo will wear a brace on his left elbow, which will restrict his range of motion but lower the risk of the elbow becoming displaced again.
It’s hard to say how much the injury will impact Rondo’s play. Rondo looked extremely hesitant to pass or dribble with his left hand near the end of Game 3. If his elbow doesn’t feel significantly better, he will obviously be at a huge disadvantage, even though Rondo isn’t much of a shooter. The only thing resembling good news for Boston fans in this situation is that backup guard Delonte West has been playing well after struggling with his own injuries all season long — West averaged 10 points per game on 55% shooting in the first three games of the series.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14