May 9, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
Atlanta point guard Jeff Teague has been one of the best revelations of the second round. He would have been one of the revelations of the regular season and the first round if Larry Drew trusted him like he should have, but that’s another issue.
But now he may be hearing footsteps — Kirk Hinrich says he is feeling better, according to the Associated Press. When asked if he would be back this series Hinrich said he didn’t want to rule anything out.
Coach Larry Drew said he didn’t expect to see Hinrich back this series, no matter how far it went.
Teague was lightly used in the first series but through four games against the Bulls he has been key, defensively working on Rose and is averaging 16 points per game on 52 percent shooting, plus averaging almost four assists per game.
How did this guy not get minutes in front of Mike Bibby the first half of the season again? And you wonder why the Hawks struggle to develop talent.
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 11
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 24
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Sixth Man of the Year 14