May 9, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
Atlanta point guard Jeff Teague has been one of the best revelations of the second round. He would have been one of the revelations of the regular season and the first round if Larry Drew trusted him like he should have, but that’s another issue.
But now he may be hearing footsteps — Kirk Hinrich says he is feeling better, according to the Associated Press. When asked if he would be back this series Hinrich said he didn’t want to rule anything out.
Coach Larry Drew said he didn’t expect to see Hinrich back this series, no matter how far it went.
Teague was lightly used in the first series but through four games against the Bulls he has been key, defensively working on Rose and is averaging 16 points per game on 52 percent shooting, plus averaging almost four assists per game.
How did this guy not get minutes in front of Mike Bibby the first half of the season again? And you wonder why the Hawks struggle to develop talent.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 6
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 42
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon