May 8, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
As you would expect, Rajon Rondo is going to have an MRI on his left elbow after his injury Saturday night.
And as you would expect, he is going to play in Game 4 regardless of what the MRI says.
Doc on Rondo’s elbow: “It hurts, and obviously it was far more painful today in some ways; a lot of swelling. That was expected.”
Both Shaquille O’Neal — who had swelling as well despite moving at the pace of a lumbering elephant all game — and Rondo will have tests but both are epected to go in Game 4.
Rondo is clearly the more serious situation. He was inspirational playing with one arm basically in the fourth quarter. But Miami will play better in Game 4 and the Celtics are going to need more production out of the point guard spot if they are going to head back to Miami for Game 5 tied.
What Rondo can give them remains to be seen.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 11
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 50
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11