May 8, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
As you would expect, Rajon Rondo is going to have an MRI on his left elbow after his injury Saturday night.
And as you would expect, he is going to play in Game 4 regardless of what the MRI says.
Doc on Rondo’s elbow: “It hurts, and obviously it was far more painful today in some ways; a lot of swelling. That was expected.”
Both Shaquille O’Neal — who had swelling as well despite moving at the pace of a lumbering elephant all game — and Rondo will have tests but both are epected to go in Game 4.
Rondo is clearly the more serious situation. He was inspirational playing with one arm basically in the fourth quarter. But Miami will play better in Game 4 and the Celtics are going to need more production out of the point guard spot if they are going to head back to Miami for Game 5 tied.
What Rondo can give them remains to be seen.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10