May 8, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
As you would expect, Rajon Rondo is going to have an MRI on his left elbow after his injury Saturday night.
And as you would expect, he is going to play in Game 4 regardless of what the MRI says.
Doc on Rondo’s elbow: “It hurts, and obviously it was far more painful today in some ways; a lot of swelling. That was expected.”
Both Shaquille O’Neal — who had swelling as well despite moving at the pace of a lumbering elephant all game — and Rondo will have tests but both are epected to go in Game 4.
Rondo is clearly the more serious situation. He was inspirational playing with one arm basically in the fourth quarter. But Miami will play better in Game 4 and the Celtics are going to need more production out of the point guard spot if they are going to head back to Miami for Game 5 tied.
What Rondo can give them remains to be seen.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 10
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 25
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9