May 8, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
As you would expect, Rajon Rondo is going to have an MRI on his left elbow after his injury Saturday night.
And as you would expect, he is going to play in Game 4 regardless of what the MRI says.
Doc on Rondo’s elbow: “It hurts, and obviously it was far more painful today in some ways; a lot of swelling. That was expected.”
Both Shaquille O’Neal — who had swelling as well despite moving at the pace of a lumbering elephant all game — and Rondo will have tests but both are epected to go in Game 4.
Rondo is clearly the more serious situation. He was inspirational playing with one arm basically in the fourth quarter. But Miami will play better in Game 4 and the Celtics are going to need more production out of the point guard spot if they are going to head back to Miami for Game 5 tied.
What Rondo can give them remains to be seen.
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 10
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 17
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 13
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP