May 8, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
As you would expect, Rajon Rondo is going to have an MRI on his left elbow after his injury Saturday night.
And as you would expect, he is going to play in Game 4 regardless of what the MRI says.
Doc on Rondo’s elbow: “It hurts, and obviously it was far more painful today in some ways; a lot of swelling. That was expected.”
Both Shaquille O’Neal — who had swelling as well despite moving at the pace of a lumbering elephant all game — and Rondo will have tests but both are epected to go in Game 4.
Rondo is clearly the more serious situation. He was inspirational playing with one arm basically in the fourth quarter. But Miami will play better in Game 4 and the Celtics are going to need more production out of the point guard spot if they are going to head back to Miami for Game 5 tied.
What Rondo can give them remains to be seen.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13