May 6, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
Not that you expected Serge Ibaka to sit out — the league gave him and the Thunder a long break between games — but we thought we’d make it official.
Ibaka participated with the Thunder on Thursday and is a go for Game 3 against Memphis on Saturday, according to the Associated Press. Ibaka tweaked his knee and ankle in Game 2 Saturday and he skipped practice on Thursday to recover.
The Thunder need Ibaka in this series to match up with the dangerous front line of Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol for the Grizzlies. Ibaka did a much better job on Randolph in Game 2, taking away his space, and that was key to a Thunder win. The series stands tied 1-1.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13