May 6, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
Not that you expected Serge Ibaka to sit out — the league gave him and the Thunder a long break between games — but we thought we’d make it official.
Ibaka participated with the Thunder on Thursday and is a go for Game 3 against Memphis on Saturday, according to the Associated Press. Ibaka tweaked his knee and ankle in Game 2 Saturday and he skipped practice on Thursday to recover.
The Thunder need Ibaka in this series to match up with the dangerous front line of Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol for the Grizzlies. Ibaka did a much better job on Randolph in Game 2, taking away his space, and that was key to a Thunder win. The series stands tied 1-1.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8