May 6, 2011, 4:37 PM EST
Not that you expected Serge Ibaka to sit out — the league gave him and the Thunder a long break between games — but we thought we’d make it official.
Ibaka participated with the Thunder on Thursday and is a go for Game 3 against Memphis on Saturday, according to the Associated Press. Ibaka tweaked his knee and ankle in Game 2 Saturday and he skipped practice on Thursday to recover.
The Thunder need Ibaka in this series to match up with the dangerous front line of Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol for the Grizzlies. Ibaka did a much better job on Randolph in Game 2, taking away his space, and that was key to a Thunder win. The series stands tied 1-1.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 4
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11