May 6, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
Not that you expected Serge Ibaka to sit out — the league gave him and the Thunder a long break between games — but we thought we’d make it official.
Ibaka participated with the Thunder on Thursday and is a go for Game 3 against Memphis on Saturday, according to the Associated Press. Ibaka tweaked his knee and ankle in Game 2 Saturday and he skipped practice on Thursday to recover.
The Thunder need Ibaka in this series to match up with the dangerous front line of Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol for the Grizzlies. Ibaka did a much better job on Randolph in Game 2, taking away his space, and that was key to a Thunder win. The series stands tied 1-1.
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 1
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 43