May 6, 2011, 11:42 AM EST
Phil Jackson needs to find a spark, because his team has lacked one for two games now.
So you can throw the conventional wisdom that Matt Barnes will step in and start for the suspended Ron Artest out the window — Shannon Brown may be getting the start, Kevin Ding reports at the Orange County Register. Brown would be the two guard, Kobe Bryant would slide to the three spot.
Frankly, both Barnes and Brown have been inconsistent with shots and been less than impressive on defense. Both are going to get their chance, one of them has to step up. That or Luke Walton… yea, better count on Brown or Barnes if you’re a Lakers fan.
Some Lakers fans are calling for the Lakers to go with more of a tall lineup that has Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom playing at once. Don’t expect it. Phil Jackson barely tried this during the season (only a handful of minutes all season), if he breaks it out now it’s more a sign of desperation than thoughtful strategy.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18