May 6, 2011, 11:42 AM EST
Phil Jackson needs to find a spark, because his team has lacked one for two games now.
So you can throw the conventional wisdom that Matt Barnes will step in and start for the suspended Ron Artest out the window — Shannon Brown may be getting the start, Kevin Ding reports at the Orange County Register. Brown would be the two guard, Kobe Bryant would slide to the three spot.
Frankly, both Barnes and Brown have been inconsistent with shots and been less than impressive on defense. Both are going to get their chance, one of them has to step up. That or Luke Walton… yea, better count on Brown or Barnes if you’re a Lakers fan.
Some Lakers fans are calling for the Lakers to go with more of a tall lineup that has Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom playing at once. Don’t expect it. Phil Jackson barely tried this during the season (only a handful of minutes all season), if he breaks it out now it’s more a sign of desperation than thoughtful strategy.
- Trade rumor update: Nets may be Kyle Lowry frontrunners 0
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 0
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 26
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (66)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (53)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (44)