May 6, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
It’s felt like that on the court too this season — that the Big Three is really a Big Two +One.
Bosh told the Sun Sentinel that’s pretty much the case.
From post-game behavior to pre-game reading material, Bosh always has been different from the Heat’s other superstars. Being the third wheel? No problem. Less media attention? More time to read. Sometimes referred to as the weak link? It makes him stronger.
James and Wade are the mainland. Bosh is perfectly fine being Hawaii or Alaska, off to the side.
“For me, I’m not afraid to dance to the beat of my own drum,” Bosh said. “There are things I like to do on my own. When it’s time to come together as a unit, we come together as a unit….
“With me, I’ve always just been different,” Bosh said. “I’ve never tried to fit in. I’m one of the fellas, great. I get along with everybody, great. But if I’m going to read my book, I’m going to read my book and this is what I’m doing.”
This is not a big deal, they do not need to be “the super friends” so long as it doesn’t bleed onto the court. And it hasn’t. Great teammates do not need to get along (do I really need to point out Kobe and Shaq?).
And up 2-0 on Boston, right now it’s all good. So you can call Bosh whatever you like. He’s focused on his book.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 6
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 43
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record