May 6, 2011, 4:18 PM EST
We can apparently knock claustrophobia off the list of things that bother Shane Battier.
He was stuck in an elevator in his Memphis apartment building for nearly half an hour Friday afternoon, waiting for the Fire Department to get him out. He was leaving trying to get to practice, according to the Associated Press.
So, what did he do? Tweet, of course.
As I sit here in the elevator that is stuck between floors and wait for the fire dept to spring me, it is a good time to reflect on the
Many blessings in my life, most notably working elevators.
I am free. It was a moment of trepidation, my zen nature was tested. But in the parlance of the Walter Sobczek nothing’s ‘messed up’.
As John Hollinger of ESPN noted, Battier earns big points for quoting The Big Lebowski while trapped in an elevator. As if you didn’t have enough reasons to have adopted the Grizzlies this postseason.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6