May 6, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
We can apparently knock claustrophobia off the list of things that bother Shane Battier.
He was stuck in an elevator in his Memphis apartment building for nearly half an hour Friday afternoon, waiting for the Fire Department to get him out. He was leaving trying to get to practice, according to the Associated Press.
So, what did he do? Tweet, of course.
As I sit here in the elevator that is stuck between floors and wait for the fire dept to spring me, it is a good time to reflect on the
Many blessings in my life, most notably working elevators.
I am free. It was a moment of trepidation, my zen nature was tested. But in the parlance of the Walter Sobczek nothing’s ‘messed up’.
As John Hollinger of ESPN noted, Battier earns big points for quoting The Big Lebowski while trapped in an elevator. As if you didn’t have enough reasons to have adopted the Grizzlies this postseason.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36