May 6, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
We can apparently knock claustrophobia off the list of things that bother Shane Battier.
He was stuck in an elevator in his Memphis apartment building for nearly half an hour Friday afternoon, waiting for the Fire Department to get him out. He was leaving trying to get to practice, according to the Associated Press.
So, what did he do? Tweet, of course.
As I sit here in the elevator that is stuck between floors and wait for the fire dept to spring me, it is a good time to reflect on the
Many blessings in my life, most notably working elevators.
I am free. It was a moment of trepidation, my zen nature was tested. But in the parlance of the Walter Sobczek nothing’s ‘messed up’.
As John Hollinger of ESPN noted, Battier earns big points for quoting The Big Lebowski while trapped in an elevator. As if you didn’t have enough reasons to have adopted the Grizzlies this postseason.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 31
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20