May 6, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
We can apparently knock claustrophobia off the list of things that bother Shane Battier.
He was stuck in an elevator in his Memphis apartment building for nearly half an hour Friday afternoon, waiting for the Fire Department to get him out. He was leaving trying to get to practice, according to the Associated Press.
So, what did he do? Tweet, of course.
As I sit here in the elevator that is stuck between floors and wait for the fire dept to spring me, it is a good time to reflect on the
Many blessings in my life, most notably working elevators.
I am free. It was a moment of trepidation, my zen nature was tested. But in the parlance of the Walter Sobczek nothing’s ‘messed up’.
As John Hollinger of ESPN noted, Battier earns big points for quoting The Big Lebowski while trapped in an elevator. As if you didn’t have enough reasons to have adopted the Grizzlies this postseason.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49