May 5, 2011, 10:23 AM EDT
Every fan base has a whipping boy.
Some player who for reasons real and imagined becomes the lightning rod of all fan frustration.
Carlos Boozer has become that in Chicago. The guy who is expected to be the second option on the Bulls offense is limping around with turf toe and is averaging just 10.3 points per game on 38.2 percent shooting.
Noah asked fans to “support every one of us,” and it was obvious what he meant. The fans are getting restless with power forward Carlos Boozer…
“I love our fans. We have the best fans in the NBA, no question about it,” Noah said. “But I understand our fans are very demanding and that can be very good and in some aspects that can be bad, as well.
“Carlos is in a situation where he’s hurt and he’s giving us everything he can. I’ve been in the position where I’ve been booed before in the United Center and I know to get to where we want to get to, we need Carlos. We should be supporting him. I don’t understand that.”
Coach Tom Thibodeau echoed those same thoughts.
Bulls fans may be frustrated but they could have it a lot worse — ask Celtics fans. Or Lakers fans.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36