May 5, 2011, 10:23 AM EDT
Every fan base has a whipping boy.
Some player who for reasons real and imagined becomes the lightning rod of all fan frustration.
Carlos Boozer has become that in Chicago. The guy who is expected to be the second option on the Bulls offense is limping around with turf toe and is averaging just 10.3 points per game on 38.2 percent shooting.
Noah asked fans to “support every one of us,” and it was obvious what he meant. The fans are getting restless with power forward Carlos Boozer…
“I love our fans. We have the best fans in the NBA, no question about it,” Noah said. “But I understand our fans are very demanding and that can be very good and in some aspects that can be bad, as well.
“Carlos is in a situation where he’s hurt and he’s giving us everything he can. I’ve been in the position where I’ve been booed before in the United Center and I know to get to where we want to get to, we need Carlos. We should be supporting him. I don’t understand that.”
Coach Tom Thibodeau echoed those same thoughts.
Bulls fans may be frustrated but they could have it a lot worse — ask Celtics fans. Or Lakers fans.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 6
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 22
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9