May 5, 2011, 11:05 PM EST
Obviously, I’m an NBA guy. I’ll watch random 1970s NBA finals games on NBA TV and get sucked in like it was happening live. I could watch Magic or Ice Man or even Harold Minor highlights all night long.
But are there better sports highlights than Barry Sanders runs? That man was a wizard.
“You really can’t,” LeBron said. “You just have to be in tune. Every time he has the ball, you always have to know that he’s capable of making something happen, not only for himself, but for his teammates….
“There’s a lot of point guards — like Derrick Rose — he gets a lot of plays called for him, a lot of pick-and-roll sets, he comes off pin-downs or floppy actions. But Rondo, he’s either running pick-and-rolls, or he’s improvising on the break.
About that break, LeBron, how do you handle him in transition?
“You try to meet him before he gets his speed up,” LeBron said. “But you don’t want to be up on him too much because he’s so fast. He’ll run around anybody in this league. You have to be aggressive but you also have to be smart.
“He’s like Barry Sanders. You wouldn’t want to run up on him all crazy in the backfield back in the day either. He’ll spin you around and get a touchdown. So you gotta be smart with it.”
High praise indeed.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13