May 5, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
Obviously, I’m an NBA guy. I’ll watch random 1970s NBA finals games on NBA TV and get sucked in like it was happening live. I could watch Magic or Ice Man or even Harold Minor highlights all night long.
But are there better sports highlights than Barry Sanders runs? That man was a wizard.
“You really can’t,” LeBron said. “You just have to be in tune. Every time he has the ball, you always have to know that he’s capable of making something happen, not only for himself, but for his teammates….
“There’s a lot of point guards — like Derrick Rose — he gets a lot of plays called for him, a lot of pick-and-roll sets, he comes off pin-downs or floppy actions. But Rondo, he’s either running pick-and-rolls, or he’s improvising on the break.
About that break, LeBron, how do you handle him in transition?
“You try to meet him before he gets his speed up,” LeBron said. “But you don’t want to be up on him too much because he’s so fast. He’ll run around anybody in this league. You have to be aggressive but you also have to be smart.
“He’s like Barry Sanders. You wouldn’t want to run up on him all crazy in the backfield back in the day either. He’ll spin you around and get a touchdown. So you gotta be smart with it.”
High praise indeed.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 5
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 18
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 53
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65