May 5, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
No, the Bulls fans were not saying “Booooooo-zer.” (Nor were they saying “Boo-erns.”)
But after Joakim Noah stuck up for him, Tom Thibodeau did after practice, according to the Chicago Tribune.
“We need him out there,” Thibodeau said of Boozer after Thursday’s brief practice at the Berto Center. “His rebounding is critical for us. Post presence. People collapse on him, so it opens up a lot of things for everybody.
“He’s just got to keep doing what he’s doing. Each day, he’ll get better and better….
“Look, Carlos has been in the league a long time,” Thibodeau said. “He’s been through every situation you could possibly be through. He’ll handle it fine. He’s been a big-time player in the league for a long time, so he knows what he has to do.”
Boozer is playing through turf-toe that has hampered his production during the playoffs, he is averaging 10.3 points per game on 38.2 percent shooting. Bulls fans are feeling frustrated at how often Boozer seems to be injured.
Bulls’ fans, if you’re looking for sympathy in those regards, don’t go asking Jazz fans. Just warning you.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 1
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 54
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3