May 5, 2011, 9:48 PM EST
No, the Bulls fans were not saying “Booooooo-zer.” (Nor were they saying “Boo-erns.”)
But after Joakim Noah stuck up for him, Tom Thibodeau did after practice, according to the Chicago Tribune.
“We need him out there,” Thibodeau said of Boozer after Thursday’s brief practice at the Berto Center. “His rebounding is critical for us. Post presence. People collapse on him, so it opens up a lot of things for everybody.
“He’s just got to keep doing what he’s doing. Each day, he’ll get better and better….
“Look, Carlos has been in the league a long time,” Thibodeau said. “He’s been through every situation you could possibly be through. He’ll handle it fine. He’s been a big-time player in the league for a long time, so he knows what he has to do.”
Boozer is playing through turf-toe that has hampered his production during the playoffs, he is averaging 10.3 points per game on 38.2 percent shooting. Bulls fans are feeling frustrated at how often Boozer seems to be injured.
Bulls’ fans, if you’re looking for sympathy in those regards, don’t go asking Jazz fans. Just warning you.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45