May 5, 2011, 9:48 PM EST
No, the Bulls fans were not saying “Booooooo-zer.” (Nor were they saying “Boo-erns.”)
But after Joakim Noah stuck up for him, Tom Thibodeau did after practice, according to the Chicago Tribune.
“We need him out there,” Thibodeau said of Boozer after Thursday’s brief practice at the Berto Center. “His rebounding is critical for us. Post presence. People collapse on him, so it opens up a lot of things for everybody.
“He’s just got to keep doing what he’s doing. Each day, he’ll get better and better….
“Look, Carlos has been in the league a long time,” Thibodeau said. “He’s been through every situation you could possibly be through. He’ll handle it fine. He’s been a big-time player in the league for a long time, so he knows what he has to do.”
Boozer is playing through turf-toe that has hampered his production during the playoffs, he is averaging 10.3 points per game on 38.2 percent shooting. Bulls fans are feeling frustrated at how often Boozer seems to be injured.
Bulls’ fans, if you’re looking for sympathy in those regards, don’t go asking Jazz fans. Just warning you.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 3
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 13
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)