May 5, 2011, 9:48 PM EST
No, the Bulls fans were not saying “Booooooo-zer.” (Nor were they saying “Boo-erns.”)
But after Joakim Noah stuck up for him, Tom Thibodeau did after practice, according to the Chicago Tribune.
“We need him out there,” Thibodeau said of Boozer after Thursday’s brief practice at the Berto Center. “His rebounding is critical for us. Post presence. People collapse on him, so it opens up a lot of things for everybody.
“He’s just got to keep doing what he’s doing. Each day, he’ll get better and better….
“Look, Carlos has been in the league a long time,” Thibodeau said. “He’s been through every situation you could possibly be through. He’ll handle it fine. He’s been a big-time player in the league for a long time, so he knows what he has to do.”
Boozer is playing through turf-toe that has hampered his production during the playoffs, he is averaging 10.3 points per game on 38.2 percent shooting. Bulls fans are feeling frustrated at how often Boozer seems to be injured.
Bulls’ fans, if you’re looking for sympathy in those regards, don’t go asking Jazz fans. Just warning you.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 3
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 10
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 2
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 10