May 5, 2011, 9:48 PM EST
No, the Bulls fans were not saying “Booooooo-zer.” (Nor were they saying “Boo-erns.”)
But after Joakim Noah stuck up for him, Tom Thibodeau did after practice, according to the Chicago Tribune.
“We need him out there,” Thibodeau said of Boozer after Thursday’s brief practice at the Berto Center. “His rebounding is critical for us. Post presence. People collapse on him, so it opens up a lot of things for everybody.
“He’s just got to keep doing what he’s doing. Each day, he’ll get better and better….
“Look, Carlos has been in the league a long time,” Thibodeau said. “He’s been through every situation you could possibly be through. He’ll handle it fine. He’s been a big-time player in the league for a long time, so he knows what he has to do.”
Boozer is playing through turf-toe that has hampered his production during the playoffs, he is averaging 10.3 points per game on 38.2 percent shooting. Bulls fans are feeling frustrated at how often Boozer seems to be injured.
Bulls’ fans, if you’re looking for sympathy in those regards, don’t go asking Jazz fans. Just warning you.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13