May 4, 2011, 8:59 AM EDT
Well, you knew it wouldn’t take long for Adidas to jump on marketing Derrick Rose as MVP.
And here it is, the first ad, featuring Rose’s quote from the beginning of the season wondering why he couldn’t have an MVP season, that he set that out as a goal for himself. It seemed to be cocky at the time, but it turned out to be prophetic.
Notice Adidas is not using footage of Rose’s twice-sprained ankle in the playoffs as part of this video.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42