May 4, 2011, 8:59 AM EDT
Well, you knew it wouldn’t take long for Adidas to jump on marketing Derrick Rose as MVP.
And here it is, the first ad, featuring Rose’s quote from the beginning of the season wondering why he couldn’t have an MVP season, that he set that out as a goal for himself. It seemed to be cocky at the time, but it turned out to be prophetic.
Notice Adidas is not using footage of Rose’s twice-sprained ankle in the playoffs as part of this video.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13