May 4, 2011, 8:59 AM EDT
Well, you knew it wouldn’t take long for Adidas to jump on marketing Derrick Rose as MVP.
And here it is, the first ad, featuring Rose’s quote from the beginning of the season wondering why he couldn’t have an MVP season, that he set that out as a goal for himself. It seemed to be cocky at the time, but it turned out to be prophetic.
Notice Adidas is not using footage of Rose’s twice-sprained ankle in the playoffs as part of this video.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 3
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 21
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6