May 4, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that Knicks guard underwent shoulder surgery on his right shoulder, and is expected to miss anywhere from 12 to 16 weeks.
Douglas was forced to fill in for the injured Chauncey Billups for much of the Knicks’ series against the Celtics, and averaged 1o.8 points and 2.3 assists per game on 36.6% shooting from the field. The Knicks have Douglas signed through next season, and have a player option on his contract for the 2012-13 season. Douglas isn’t a pure point guard or the most efficient scorer, but his ability to score points in bunches and shoot from long range makes him a valuable backup, especially on a team as thin as the Knicks.
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 3
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 11
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 8
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32