May 4, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that Knicks guard underwent shoulder surgery on his right shoulder, and is expected to miss anywhere from 12 to 16 weeks.
Douglas was forced to fill in for the injured Chauncey Billups for much of the Knicks’ series against the Celtics, and averaged 1o.8 points and 2.3 assists per game on 36.6% shooting from the field. The Knicks have Douglas signed through next season, and have a player option on his contract for the 2012-13 season. Douglas isn’t a pure point guard or the most efficient scorer, but his ability to score points in bunches and shoot from long range makes him a valuable backup, especially on a team as thin as the Knicks.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 8
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73