May 4, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that Knicks guard underwent shoulder surgery on his right shoulder, and is expected to miss anywhere from 12 to 16 weeks.
Douglas was forced to fill in for the injured Chauncey Billups for much of the Knicks’ series against the Celtics, and averaged 1o.8 points and 2.3 assists per game on 36.6% shooting from the field. The Knicks have Douglas signed through next season, and have a player option on his contract for the 2012-13 season. Douglas isn’t a pure point guard or the most efficient scorer, but his ability to score points in bunches and shoot from long range makes him a valuable backup, especially on a team as thin as the Knicks.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8