May 4, 2011, 7:29 PM EST
The Associated Press is reporting that Knicks guard underwent shoulder surgery on his right shoulder, and is expected to miss anywhere from 12 to 16 weeks.
Douglas was forced to fill in for the injured Chauncey Billups for much of the Knicks’ series against the Celtics, and averaged 1o.8 points and 2.3 assists per game on 36.6% shooting from the field. The Knicks have Douglas signed through next season, and have a player option on his contract for the 2012-13 season. Douglas isn’t a pure point guard or the most efficient scorer, but his ability to score points in bunches and shoot from long range makes him a valuable backup, especially on a team as thin as the Knicks.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13