May 4, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that Knicks guard underwent shoulder surgery on his right shoulder, and is expected to miss anywhere from 12 to 16 weeks.
Douglas was forced to fill in for the injured Chauncey Billups for much of the Knicks’ series against the Celtics, and averaged 1o.8 points and 2.3 assists per game on 36.6% shooting from the field. The Knicks have Douglas signed through next season, and have a player option on his contract for the 2012-13 season. Douglas isn’t a pure point guard or the most efficient scorer, but his ability to score points in bunches and shoot from long range makes him a valuable backup, especially on a team as thin as the Knicks.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 51
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18