May 4, 2011, 9:57 PM EST
Kobe Bryant said after the Lakers dropped Game 1, they should be worried.
The Lakers are realizing that these Mavericks are not the old Mavericks. They are not soft inside (hello Tyson Chandler) and they are veterans. Before Game 2 Phil Jackson echoed Kobe’s thoughts.
“Ya, we’re worried now,” Jackson said. “This is a good team, they have the same record we have, they have a lot of options for scoring, we’ve got to play a lot better to overcome this team over the course of a series.
“Our strength is we’ve always become better and better progressively through a series and I hope we do that.”
When asked it that was just him trying to motivate his charges through the media, Jackson noted they were not going to see this game before tip off.
As for strategy, you can’t really expect much to leak pregame. Jackson tried to hide whether or not he’d give Ron Artest some time on Nowitzki, but he made one interesting tactical point.
“Probably it’s unlikely,” Jackson said of using Artest. “Ron has a penchant for sending guys to their left, which is Dirk’s strongest point.”
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 34
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 29