May 4, 2011, 9:57 PM EST
Kobe Bryant said after the Lakers dropped Game 1, they should be worried.
The Lakers are realizing that these Mavericks are not the old Mavericks. They are not soft inside (hello Tyson Chandler) and they are veterans. Before Game 2 Phil Jackson echoed Kobe’s thoughts.
“Ya, we’re worried now,” Jackson said. “This is a good team, they have the same record we have, they have a lot of options for scoring, we’ve got to play a lot better to overcome this team over the course of a series.
“Our strength is we’ve always become better and better progressively through a series and I hope we do that.”
When asked it that was just him trying to motivate his charges through the media, Jackson noted they were not going to see this game before tip off.
As for strategy, you can’t really expect much to leak pregame. Jackson tried to hide whether or not he’d give Ron Artest some time on Nowitzki, but he made one interesting tactical point.
“Probably it’s unlikely,” Jackson said of using Artest. “Ron has a penchant for sending guys to their left, which is Dirk’s strongest point.”
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12