May 4, 2011, 12:50 AM EST
Paul Pierce left the court and went back to dressing room midway through the first quarter of Game 2. He came back out and played in the second quarter and scored 8 points in the second half.
The good news is, he has a few days — these teams are off for four days until Game 3 on Saturday. Pierce can thank some television executives for that, they want the Heat/Celtics series on in the prime times.
You can bet Pierce will be a go for Game 3. He didn’t even need a wheelchair for this injury.
But he may not be 100 percent. You can add that to the long list of things the Celtics should worry about right now.
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 1
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 3
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 28
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 35
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 19