May 4, 2011, 12:50 AM EST
Paul Pierce left the court and went back to dressing room midway through the first quarter of Game 2. He came back out and played in the second quarter and scored 8 points in the second half.
The good news is, he has a few days — these teams are off for four days until Game 3 on Saturday. Pierce can thank some television executives for that, they want the Heat/Celtics series on in the prime times.
You can bet Pierce will be a go for Game 3. He didn’t even need a wheelchair for this injury.
But he may not be 100 percent. You can add that to the long list of things the Celtics should worry about right now.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 19
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8