May 4, 2011, 12:50 AM EDT
Paul Pierce left the court and went back to dressing room midway through the first quarter of Game 2. He came back out and played in the second quarter and scored 8 points in the second half.
The good news is, he has a few days — these teams are off for four days until Game 3 on Saturday. Pierce can thank some television executives for that, they want the Heat/Celtics series on in the prime times.
You can bet Pierce will be a go for Game 3. He didn’t even need a wheelchair for this injury.
But he may not be 100 percent. You can add that to the long list of things the Celtics should worry about right now.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 12
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 19
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona