May 4, 2011, 12:50 AM EST
Paul Pierce left the court and went back to dressing room midway through the first quarter of Game 2. He came back out and played in the second quarter and scored 8 points in the second half.
The good news is, he has a few days — these teams are off for four days until Game 3 on Saturday. Pierce can thank some television executives for that, they want the Heat/Celtics series on in the prime times.
You can bet Pierce will be a go for Game 3. He didn’t even need a wheelchair for this injury.
But he may not be 100 percent. You can add that to the long list of things the Celtics should worry about right now.
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 31
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25