May 4, 2011, 12:50 AM EST
Paul Pierce left the court and went back to dressing room midway through the first quarter of Game 2. He came back out and played in the second quarter and scored 8 points in the second half.
The good news is, he has a few days — these teams are off for four days until Game 3 on Saturday. Pierce can thank some television executives for that, they want the Heat/Celtics series on in the prime times.
You can bet Pierce will be a go for Game 3. He didn’t even need a wheelchair for this injury.
But he may not be 100 percent. You can add that to the long list of things the Celtics should worry about right now.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 11
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30