May 4, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
As has been expected, the Nets’ Brook Lopez had surgery on his right arm, something that will sideline him from working out for the next six weeks, the team announced (via a tweet from Marc Spears at Yahoo).
The surgery was to remove calcium deposits from near his right elbow, something that had bothered him during the season.
Lopez averaged 20 points and 6 rebounds a game this season. His game took a step back in his third year in the league (not the expected leap forward), his shooting efficiency dropped, his rebounding got worse and even his assists dropped.
Lopez needs to get healthy, because if the Nets are going to make any kind of move next season it will be in large part because Lopez takes a leap forward playing with Deron Williams.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 69
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31