May 4, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
As has been expected, the Nets’ Brook Lopez had surgery on his right arm, something that will sideline him from working out for the next six weeks, the team announced (via a tweet from Marc Spears at Yahoo).
The surgery was to remove calcium deposits from near his right elbow, something that had bothered him during the season.
Lopez averaged 20 points and 6 rebounds a game this season. His game took a step back in his third year in the league (not the expected leap forward), his shooting efficiency dropped, his rebounding got worse and even his assists dropped.
Lopez needs to get healthy, because if the Nets are going to make any kind of move next season it will be in large part because Lopez takes a leap forward playing with Deron Williams.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 0
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 14
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 14
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 40
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5