May 4, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
As has been expected, the Nets’ Brook Lopez had surgery on his right arm, something that will sideline him from working out for the next six weeks, the team announced (via a tweet from Marc Spears at Yahoo).
The surgery was to remove calcium deposits from near his right elbow, something that had bothered him during the season.
Lopez averaged 20 points and 6 rebounds a game this season. His game took a step back in his third year in the league (not the expected leap forward), his shooting efficiency dropped, his rebounding got worse and even his assists dropped.
Lopez needs to get healthy, because if the Nets are going to make any kind of move next season it will be in large part because Lopez takes a leap forward playing with Deron Williams.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 18
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 76
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 9
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36