May 4, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
As has been expected, the Nets’ Brook Lopez had surgery on his right arm, something that will sideline him from working out for the next six weeks, the team announced (via a tweet from Marc Spears at Yahoo).
The surgery was to remove calcium deposits from near his right elbow, something that had bothered him during the season.
Lopez averaged 20 points and 6 rebounds a game this season. His game took a step back in his third year in the league (not the expected leap forward), his shooting efficiency dropped, his rebounding got worse and even his assists dropped.
Lopez needs to get healthy, because if the Nets are going to make any kind of move next season it will be in large part because Lopez takes a leap forward playing with Deron Williams.
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 7
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 28
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 17