May 4, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
As has been expected, the Nets’ Brook Lopez had surgery on his right arm, something that will sideline him from working out for the next six weeks, the team announced (via a tweet from Marc Spears at Yahoo).
The surgery was to remove calcium deposits from near his right elbow, something that had bothered him during the season.
Lopez averaged 20 points and 6 rebounds a game this season. His game took a step back in his third year in the league (not the expected leap forward), his shooting efficiency dropped, his rebounding got worse and even his assists dropped.
Lopez needs to get healthy, because if the Nets are going to make any kind of move next season it will be in large part because Lopez takes a leap forward playing with Deron Williams.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)