May 4, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
This was never really in doubt, but we’ll make it official:
Coach Tom Thibodeau said everyone participated fully this morning at shootaround and good to go, according to the Associated Press. Boozer is battling turf toe and Rose is playing through a sprained ankle that he aggravated at the end of Game 2.
The Bulls are going to need more out of both to even this series at 1-1. The Bulls defense in Game 1 was the real issue — Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford were hot — and that is the end the Bulls have to tighten up.
But the Bulls margin for error was never that large because their offense was all Rose all the time. If he is slowed by his ankle — and the fact he didn’t draw one free throw in Game 1 says he is — the Bulls have to shut down the Hawks to have any chance.
But the Bulls will have their two big guns ready to go.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 33
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 35
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 16
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26