May 4, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
This was never really in doubt, but we’ll make it official:
Coach Tom Thibodeau said everyone participated fully this morning at shootaround and good to go, according to the Associated Press. Boozer is battling turf toe and Rose is playing through a sprained ankle that he aggravated at the end of Game 2.
The Bulls are going to need more out of both to even this series at 1-1. The Bulls defense in Game 1 was the real issue — Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford were hot — and that is the end the Bulls have to tighten up.
But the Bulls margin for error was never that large because their offense was all Rose all the time. If he is slowed by his ankle — and the fact he didn’t draw one free throw in Game 1 says he is — the Bulls have to shut down the Hawks to have any chance.
But the Bulls will have their two big guns ready to go.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49