May 4, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
This was never really in doubt, but we’ll make it official:
Coach Tom Thibodeau said everyone participated fully this morning at shootaround and good to go, according to the Associated Press. Boozer is battling turf toe and Rose is playing through a sprained ankle that he aggravated at the end of Game 2.
The Bulls are going to need more out of both to even this series at 1-1. The Bulls defense in Game 1 was the real issue — Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford were hot — and that is the end the Bulls have to tighten up.
But the Bulls margin for error was never that large because their offense was all Rose all the time. If he is slowed by his ankle — and the fact he didn’t draw one free throw in Game 1 says he is — the Bulls have to shut down the Hawks to have any chance.
But the Bulls will have their two big guns ready to go.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30