May 4, 2011, 8:15 AM EST
Well, he’s got the noticed part down.
He was pulled over for speeding and reckless driving by police not far from Villanova University, where he played his college ball. Inside the car police found marijuana, a pipe that one might use to smoke marijuana, and a BB gun, according to NBC Philadelphia (via CBS Eye On Basketball).
He has been released pending a hearing.
An NBA player caught with weed? Not good if you’re a guy off the bench trying to get picked up for next season like Cunningham, but not shocking in the least.
But a BB gun?
His family is military, but a BB gun? The military does not give soldiers a standard issue BB gun, last I checked. And whatever NBA/D-League locker room he ends up in next season, he can count on some serious trash talk from teammates about the Red Ryder BB gun he got for Christmas.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7