May 4, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
Well, he’s got the noticed part down.
He was pulled over for speeding and reckless driving by police not far from Villanova University, where he played his college ball. Inside the car police found marijuana, a pipe that one might use to smoke marijuana, and a BB gun, according to NBC Philadelphia (via CBS Eye On Basketball).
He has been released pending a hearing.
An NBA player caught with weed? Not good if you’re a guy off the bench trying to get picked up for next season like Cunningham, but not shocking in the least.
But a BB gun?
His family is military, but a BB gun? The military does not give soldiers a standard issue BB gun, last I checked. And whatever NBA/D-League locker room he ends up in next season, he can count on some serious trash talk from teammates about the Red Ryder BB gun he got for Christmas.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11