May 4, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
Well, he’s got the noticed part down.
He was pulled over for speeding and reckless driving by police not far from Villanova University, where he played his college ball. Inside the car police found marijuana, a pipe that one might use to smoke marijuana, and a BB gun, according to NBC Philadelphia (via CBS Eye On Basketball).
He has been released pending a hearing.
An NBA player caught with weed? Not good if you’re a guy off the bench trying to get picked up for next season like Cunningham, but not shocking in the least.
But a BB gun?
His family is military, but a BB gun? The military does not give soldiers a standard issue BB gun, last I checked. And whatever NBA/D-League locker room he ends up in next season, he can count on some serious trash talk from teammates about the Red Ryder BB gun he got for Christmas.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 6
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 43
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record