May 3, 2011, 9:52 AM EDT
Now, Jason Kidd is his point guard, and he can throw a nice lob, too.
As he did in the fourth quarter Monday, part of the Mavericks late charge to overtake the Lakers and win Game 1. To a man after the game when asked what was different about this Mavericks team, why they felt confident in this series, it was Chandler’s name that came up. Mostly for his defense, but there is this.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 2
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10