May 3, 2011, 11:26 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: Shaquille O’Neal will not be playing in Game 2 against the Heat Tuesday Night.
I know. Stunning. The big man himself limped into shootaround Tuesday and ruled himself out, according to A. Sherrod Blakely at CSN New England.
Rivers said Shaq had a “phenomenal” practice Monday. But not phenomenal enough to actually play.
The Heat are close to getting their own injured big man back — Udonis Haslem has been practicing with the Heat and is eager to go, but he will not play in Game 2, coach Erik Spoelstra said.
The man wants to ball though and he may suit up against the Celtics at some point, as he told the Miami Herald.
“Definitely I could be part of this series, and without being as athletic and not even having my timing, just the physical aspect that I could bring to the game would probably help us a little bit,” Haslem said Monday.
He would be a boost as the Heat could use the depth up front, but right now they need to focus on making sure Joel Anthony gets enough minutes.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4