May 3, 2011, 10:40 AM EDT
In a game the final week of the season, when the Chicago Bulls beat the Orlando Magic, Derrick Rose was doing the standard, cliché-filled post-game television interview when Jameer Nelson interrupted to congratulate him.
The exchange included Nelson telling Rose “see you in the second round.”
Except, the Magic never got to the second round, due to the Atlanta Hawks.
But in case Nelson wanted to see Rose in the second round, the Atlanta Hawks left two tickets for Nelson at the United Center Monday night. Hawks spokesman Arthur Triche did it, the Associated Press reports.
The tickets went unclaimed.
But nice little dig.
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 0
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 3
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 1
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 10
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 35
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars