May 3, 2011, 10:40 AM EST
In a game the final week of the season, when the Chicago Bulls beat the Orlando Magic, Derrick Rose was doing the standard, cliché-filled post-game television interview when Jameer Nelson interrupted to congratulate him.
The exchange included Nelson telling Rose “see you in the second round.”
Except, the Magic never got to the second round, due to the Atlanta Hawks.
But in case Nelson wanted to see Rose in the second round, the Atlanta Hawks left two tickets for Nelson at the United Center Monday night. Hawks spokesman Arthur Triche did it, the Associated Press reports.
The tickets went unclaimed.
But nice little dig.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13