May 3, 2011, 10:40 AM EDT
In a game the final week of the season, when the Chicago Bulls beat the Orlando Magic, Derrick Rose was doing the standard, cliché-filled post-game television interview when Jameer Nelson interrupted to congratulate him.
The exchange included Nelson telling Rose “see you in the second round.”
Except, the Magic never got to the second round, due to the Atlanta Hawks.
But in case Nelson wanted to see Rose in the second round, the Atlanta Hawks left two tickets for Nelson at the United Center Monday night. Hawks spokesman Arthur Triche did it, the Associated Press reports.
The tickets went unclaimed.
But nice little dig.
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 1
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 24
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50