May 3, 2011, 10:40 AM EDT
In a game the final week of the season, when the Chicago Bulls beat the Orlando Magic, Derrick Rose was doing the standard, cliché-filled post-game television interview when Jameer Nelson interrupted to congratulate him.
The exchange included Nelson telling Rose “see you in the second round.”
Except, the Magic never got to the second round, due to the Atlanta Hawks.
But in case Nelson wanted to see Rose in the second round, the Atlanta Hawks left two tickets for Nelson at the United Center Monday night. Hawks spokesman Arthur Triche did it, the Associated Press reports.
The tickets went unclaimed.
But nice little dig.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 2
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 47
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61