May 3, 2011, 10:40 AM EDT
In a game the final week of the season, when the Chicago Bulls beat the Orlando Magic, Derrick Rose was doing the standard, cliché-filled post-game television interview when Jameer Nelson interrupted to congratulate him.
The exchange included Nelson telling Rose “see you in the second round.”
Except, the Magic never got to the second round, due to the Atlanta Hawks.
But in case Nelson wanted to see Rose in the second round, the Atlanta Hawks left two tickets for Nelson at the United Center Monday night. Hawks spokesman Arthur Triche did it, the Associated Press reports.
The tickets went unclaimed.
But nice little dig.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 0
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 2
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6