May 2, 2011, 10:17 PM EST
That announcement is going to officially come Tuesday, according to a Aggrey Sam at CSN Chicago.
Rose was the engine of the offense of a Chicago Bulls team that won 62 games. Actually, that understates it. He was the engine, transmission, axles, wheels, bucket leather seats and cup holders of the Bulls offense. Joakim Noah was the tail lights.
Rose will be the youngest MVP ever at age 22. Rose averaged 25 points and 7.7 assists per game and by the end had the backing of just about everybody for MVP. Well, just about everyone with a vote. While there was some push for Dwight Howard it never gained serious traction with voters as Rose and his Bulls played better basketball than other teams over the last month of the season. He’s a good choice.
Tuesday makes sense for the announcement, usually the announcement is done on an off-day between games then the award is presented before a home playoff game. The Bulls play Game 2 against the Hawks at the United Center Wednesday.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 9
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 17
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36