May 2, 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
That announcement is going to officially come Tuesday, according to a Aggrey Sam at CSN Chicago.
Rose was the engine of the offense of a Chicago Bulls team that won 62 games. Actually, that understates it. He was the engine, transmission, axles, wheels, bucket leather seats and cup holders of the Bulls offense. Joakim Noah was the tail lights.
Rose will be the youngest MVP ever at age 22. Rose averaged 25 points and 7.7 assists per game and by the end had the backing of just about everybody for MVP. Well, just about everyone with a vote. While there was some push for Dwight Howard it never gained serious traction with voters as Rose and his Bulls played better basketball than other teams over the last month of the season. He’s a good choice.
Tuesday makes sense for the announcement, usually the announcement is done on an off-day between games then the award is presented before a home playoff game. The Bulls play Game 2 against the Hawks at the United Center Wednesday.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 4
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 18
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 5
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 6
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 15