May 2, 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
That announcement is going to officially come Tuesday, according to a Aggrey Sam at CSN Chicago.
Rose was the engine of the offense of a Chicago Bulls team that won 62 games. Actually, that understates it. He was the engine, transmission, axles, wheels, bucket leather seats and cup holders of the Bulls offense. Joakim Noah was the tail lights.
Rose will be the youngest MVP ever at age 22. Rose averaged 25 points and 7.7 assists per game and by the end had the backing of just about everybody for MVP. Well, just about everyone with a vote. While there was some push for Dwight Howard it never gained serious traction with voters as Rose and his Bulls played better basketball than other teams over the last month of the season. He’s a good choice.
Tuesday makes sense for the announcement, usually the announcement is done on an off-day between games then the award is presented before a home playoff game. The Bulls play Game 2 against the Hawks at the United Center Wednesday.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 16
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14