May 2, 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
That announcement is going to officially come Tuesday, according to a Aggrey Sam at CSN Chicago.
Rose was the engine of the offense of a Chicago Bulls team that won 62 games. Actually, that understates it. He was the engine, transmission, axles, wheels, bucket leather seats and cup holders of the Bulls offense. Joakim Noah was the tail lights.
Rose will be the youngest MVP ever at age 22. Rose averaged 25 points and 7.7 assists per game and by the end had the backing of just about everybody for MVP. Well, just about everyone with a vote. While there was some push for Dwight Howard it never gained serious traction with voters as Rose and his Bulls played better basketball than other teams over the last month of the season. He’s a good choice.
Tuesday makes sense for the announcement, usually the announcement is done on an off-day between games then the award is presented before a home playoff game. The Bulls play Game 2 against the Hawks at the United Center Wednesday.
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 10
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 53
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 57
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46