May 2, 2011, 9:54 PM EST
The former Miss Michigan wife of Golden State Warriors guard Charlie Bell has been charged with domestic abuse and assault with a dangerous weapon after stabbing the NBA player last weekend.
The couple was back in Michigan when the incident occurred, according to Comcast Bay Area.
Genessee County prosecutor David Leyton charged Bell’s wife Kenya Bell, the former Miss Michigan USA, with domestic violence and assault with a dangerous weapon on Monday.
According to NBC25 and police accounts of the Sunday morning incident in Grand Blanc Township, Kenya Bell is accused of stabbing her husband with a box cutter.
A pre-trial hearing is set for Friday.
Bell played sparingly in just 19 games for the Warriors this season. He probably made more headlines when he got arrested for a DUI back in February.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City canceled 1
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 23
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)