May 2, 2011, 9:54 PM EDT
The former Miss Michigan wife of Golden State Warriors guard Charlie Bell has been charged with domestic abuse and assault with a dangerous weapon after stabbing the NBA player last weekend.
The couple was back in Michigan when the incident occurred, according to Comcast Bay Area.
Genessee County prosecutor David Leyton charged Bell’s wife Kenya Bell, the former Miss Michigan USA, with domestic violence and assault with a dangerous weapon on Monday.
According to NBC25 and police accounts of the Sunday morning incident in Grand Blanc Township, Kenya Bell is accused of stabbing her husband with a box cutter.
A pre-trial hearing is set for Friday.
Bell played sparingly in just 19 games for the Warriors this season. He probably made more headlines when he got arrested for a DUI back in February.
- Memphis’ defense, discipline propel them past Thunder in overtime lead series 2-1 0
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 13
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 49
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 11