May 2, 2011, 9:54 PM EDT
The former Miss Michigan wife of Golden State Warriors guard Charlie Bell has been charged with domestic abuse and assault with a dangerous weapon after stabbing the NBA player last weekend.
The couple was back in Michigan when the incident occurred, according to Comcast Bay Area.
Genessee County prosecutor David Leyton charged Bell’s wife Kenya Bell, the former Miss Michigan USA, with domestic violence and assault with a dangerous weapon on Monday.
According to NBC25 and police accounts of the Sunday morning incident in Grand Blanc Township, Kenya Bell is accused of stabbing her husband with a box cutter.
A pre-trial hearing is set for Friday.
Bell played sparingly in just 19 games for the Warriors this season. He probably made more headlines when he got arrested for a DUI back in February.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 1
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 17
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 72
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13