May 2, 2011, 9:54 PM EDT
The former Miss Michigan wife of Golden State Warriors guard Charlie Bell has been charged with domestic abuse and assault with a dangerous weapon after stabbing the NBA player last weekend.
The couple was back in Michigan when the incident occurred, according to Comcast Bay Area.
Genessee County prosecutor David Leyton charged Bell’s wife Kenya Bell, the former Miss Michigan USA, with domestic violence and assault with a dangerous weapon on Monday.
According to NBC25 and police accounts of the Sunday morning incident in Grand Blanc Township, Kenya Bell is accused of stabbing her husband with a box cutter.
A pre-trial hearing is set for Friday.
Bell played sparingly in just 19 games for the Warriors this season. He probably made more headlines when he got arrested for a DUI back in February.
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (92)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay