May 2, 2011, 9:54 PM EDT
The former Miss Michigan wife of Golden State Warriors guard Charlie Bell has been charged with domestic abuse and assault with a dangerous weapon after stabbing the NBA player last weekend.
The couple was back in Michigan when the incident occurred, according to Comcast Bay Area.
Genessee County prosecutor David Leyton charged Bell’s wife Kenya Bell, the former Miss Michigan USA, with domestic violence and assault with a dangerous weapon on Monday.
According to NBC25 and police accounts of the Sunday morning incident in Grand Blanc Township, Kenya Bell is accused of stabbing her husband with a box cutter.
A pre-trial hearing is set for Friday.
Bell played sparingly in just 19 games for the Warriors this season. He probably made more headlines when he got arrested for a DUI back in February.
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 0
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 7
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17