May 2, 2011, 11:09 AM EDT
There was a lot of Zach Randolph love after he tore up the Oklahoma City Thunder Sunday just like he had done the San Antonio Spurs the weeks before. (Maybe that Duncan guy isn’t so old…)
Randolph was the expected monster inside, but he also was 5-of-8 from the midrange — he (and Marc Gasol) stepped out and showed range, which made things harder for Oklahoma City.
That prompted Durant to heap praise on Z-Bo (via the Oklahoman).
“We gotta make him shoot tougher shots, but if he’s making ‘em, you can’t stop him,” Durant said. “He’s an animal.
“He’s the best power forward in the league, I think.”
Pretty high praise. What do you think of that, Zach? (via the Commercial Appeal)
“I’ve got to agree with that. Thanks, KD,” a smiling Randolph said while sitting in front of a microphone as the interview room filled with laughter.
Randolph and Gasol were to provide the first real test for the Kendrick Perkins/Serge Ibaka front line for the Thunder. The front line that was going to shore up their weakness of being soft in the middle. And while there is a lot of series to go, they failed round one.
If they fail a couple more rounds there are going to be a lot of questions being asked in Oklahoma City.
But Z-Bo will have a lot to say about that, too. Just ask him.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42