May 2, 2011, 11:09 AM EDT
There was a lot of Zach Randolph love after he tore up the Oklahoma City Thunder Sunday just like he had done the San Antonio Spurs the weeks before. (Maybe that Duncan guy isn’t so old…)
Randolph was the expected monster inside, but he also was 5-of-8 from the midrange — he (and Marc Gasol) stepped out and showed range, which made things harder for Oklahoma City.
That prompted Durant to heap praise on Z-Bo (via the Oklahoman).
“We gotta make him shoot tougher shots, but if he’s making ‘em, you can’t stop him,” Durant said. “He’s an animal.
“He’s the best power forward in the league, I think.”
Pretty high praise. What do you think of that, Zach? (via the Commercial Appeal)
“I’ve got to agree with that. Thanks, KD,” a smiling Randolph said while sitting in front of a microphone as the interview room filled with laughter.
Randolph and Gasol were to provide the first real test for the Kendrick Perkins/Serge Ibaka front line for the Thunder. The front line that was going to shore up their weakness of being soft in the middle. And while there is a lot of series to go, they failed round one.
If they fail a couple more rounds there are going to be a lot of questions being asked in Oklahoma City.
But Z-Bo will have a lot to say about that, too. Just ask him.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 9
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 7
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 27
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games