May 2, 2011, 11:09 AM EST
There was a lot of Zach Randolph love after he tore up the Oklahoma City Thunder Sunday just like he had done the San Antonio Spurs the weeks before. (Maybe that Duncan guy isn’t so old…)
Randolph was the expected monster inside, but he also was 5-of-8 from the midrange — he (and Marc Gasol) stepped out and showed range, which made things harder for Oklahoma City.
That prompted Durant to heap praise on Z-Bo (via the Oklahoman).
“We gotta make him shoot tougher shots, but if he’s making ‘em, you can’t stop him,” Durant said. “He’s an animal.
“He’s the best power forward in the league, I think.”
Pretty high praise. What do you think of that, Zach? (via the Commercial Appeal)
“I’ve got to agree with that. Thanks, KD,” a smiling Randolph said while sitting in front of a microphone as the interview room filled with laughter.
Randolph and Gasol were to provide the first real test for the Kendrick Perkins/Serge Ibaka front line for the Thunder. The front line that was going to shore up their weakness of being soft in the middle. And while there is a lot of series to go, they failed round one.
If they fail a couple more rounds there are going to be a lot of questions being asked in Oklahoma City.
But Z-Bo will have a lot to say about that, too. Just ask him.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9