May 2, 2011, 11:51 PM EDT
Rose rolled his ankle on the final, meaningless possession of the Bulls 103-95 loss to the Hawks Tuesday. With seven seconds left and the Hawks up eight Jamal Crawford dribbled the ball up court to run out the clock, and normally guys just back off and let the clock run out because the game is over.
But Rose decided to pressure the ball, and in doing so stepped on Crawford’s foot and rolled his ankle. This is the same ankle he rolled in Game 4 against the Pacers, and once you do that once it is more susceptible to re-injury until it is fully healed.
We don’t know how serious it is, but any injury to Derrick Rose is serious to the Chicago Bulls. Rose said he was going for X-rays after speaking to the media postgame.
The Bulls were shocked by the Hawks in Game 1, but if Rose is even slowed some this series becomes very different.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 0
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68