May 2, 2011, 11:51 PM EST
Rose rolled his ankle on the final, meaningless possession of the Bulls 103-95 loss to the Hawks Tuesday. With seven seconds left and the Hawks up eight Jamal Crawford dribbled the ball up court to run out the clock, and normally guys just back off and let the clock run out because the game is over.
But Rose decided to pressure the ball, and in doing so stepped on Crawford’s foot and rolled his ankle. This is the same ankle he rolled in Game 4 against the Pacers, and once you do that once it is more susceptible to re-injury until it is fully healed.
We don’t know how serious it is, but any injury to Derrick Rose is serious to the Chicago Bulls. Rose said he was going for X-rays after speaking to the media postgame.
The Bulls were shocked by the Hawks in Game 1, but if Rose is even slowed some this series becomes very different.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 4
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41