May 2, 2011, 11:51 PM EDT
Rose rolled his ankle on the final, meaningless possession of the Bulls 103-95 loss to the Hawks Tuesday. With seven seconds left and the Hawks up eight Jamal Crawford dribbled the ball up court to run out the clock, and normally guys just back off and let the clock run out because the game is over.
But Rose decided to pressure the ball, and in doing so stepped on Crawford’s foot and rolled his ankle. This is the same ankle he rolled in Game 4 against the Pacers, and once you do that once it is more susceptible to re-injury until it is fully healed.
We don’t know how serious it is, but any injury to Derrick Rose is serious to the Chicago Bulls. Rose said he was going for X-rays after speaking to the media postgame.
The Bulls were shocked by the Hawks in Game 1, but if Rose is even slowed some this series becomes very different.
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 24
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 29
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Memphis Grizzlies have new anthem: “We Don’t Bluff” 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay