May 1, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:02 pm: It’s official, Tom Thibodeau is your Coach of the Year. He will be honored before the Bulls game Monday night.
As we said, this is well deserved. The Bulls had a roster with eight new players yet melded into a defensive power that finished with the best recoed in the NBA.
Philadelphia’s Doug Collins was second in the voting, San Antonio’s Gregg Popovich was third and Denver’s George Karl was fourth.
11:52 am: The Chicago Bulls are having a press conference at 3:30 (eastern) today for a “major announcement.”
That means either Derrick Rose is going to be named MVP or Tom Thibodeau is going to be named Coach of the Year.
Tom Thibodeau has won NBA Coach of the Year, the Tribune has confirmed.
It is possible Rose winning will be announced at the same time.
This is well deserved. The Bulls got 21 games better season over season, and improved to be the best defensive team in the NBA. Rose also credits the growth in his game to the pushing by Thibodeau.
Thibodeau will accept the award, if they can pry him out of the film room for a couple of minutes.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 46
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3