May 1, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
But the Dallas Mavericks are not going to have him.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle made it as clear as could be, as reported by ESPN.
“He is not going to play in this series,” Carlisle told 103.3 FM ESPN’s Galloway and Company, adding that Butler has yet to be cleared by a doctor.
To expect him back from a ruptured right patellar tendon suffered in January was a little much. But the Mavericks starting five with Butler in the lineup was the single best five-man lineup in the NBA this season (in terms of +/- per 48 minutes). They could have used that this series.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 6
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 3
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 46
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45