May 1, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
But the Dallas Mavericks are not going to have him.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle made it as clear as could be, as reported by ESPN.
“He is not going to play in this series,” Carlisle told 103.3 FM ESPN’s Galloway and Company, adding that Butler has yet to be cleared by a doctor.
To expect him back from a ruptured right patellar tendon suffered in January was a little much. But the Mavericks starting five with Butler in the lineup was the single best five-man lineup in the NBA this season (in terms of +/- per 48 minutes). They could have used that this series.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 0
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 32
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 11
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 17
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33