May 1, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
But the Dallas Mavericks are not going to have him.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle made it as clear as could be, as reported by ESPN.
“He is not going to play in this series,” Carlisle told 103.3 FM ESPN’s Galloway and Company, adding that Butler has yet to be cleared by a doctor.
To expect him back from a ruptured right patellar tendon suffered in January was a little much. But the Mavericks starting five with Butler in the lineup was the single best five-man lineup in the NBA this season (in terms of +/- per 48 minutes). They could have used that this series.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50