May 1, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
But the Dallas Mavericks are not going to have him.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle made it as clear as could be, as reported by ESPN.
“He is not going to play in this series,” Carlisle told 103.3 FM ESPN’s Galloway and Company, adding that Butler has yet to be cleared by a doctor.
To expect him back from a ruptured right patellar tendon suffered in January was a little much. But the Mavericks starting five with Butler in the lineup was the single best five-man lineup in the NBA this season (in terms of +/- per 48 minutes). They could have used that this series.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14