Apr 29, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal practiced with the Boston Celtics Thursday and Friday.
He’ll play against the Miami Heat. At some point in the series. Probably.
Yes, I know, pretty vague. But that’s what the Celtics have left us with. CSN New England gives us the quotes from Doc Rivers himself.
“He just did a little bit yesterday,” Rivers said of O’Neal’s involvement in Thursday’s session. “Maybe (he’ll do) some more today, and really, that’s the only update that I have. There’s no decision made or anything….
“I’m more confident now that he will play in the series,” Rivers said. “Maybe (game) one, maybe two but I do think he’ll play. I guess he’s done some stuff with (trainer) Eddie (Lacerte). Eddie’s more confident that he’ll play so that makes me more confident.”
Well, that clears everything up.
Shaq may not decide this series, but he does change things. His presence and scoring ability in the post makes it hard for Miami to play Joel Anthony, the undersized center who is the Heat’s best help defender and shot blocker in the middle. It’s just one of the little matchups that will all add up to some big differences in this series.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18