Apr 29, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal practiced with the Boston Celtics Thursday and Friday.
He’ll play against the Miami Heat. At some point in the series. Probably.
Yes, I know, pretty vague. But that’s what the Celtics have left us with. CSN New England gives us the quotes from Doc Rivers himself.
“He just did a little bit yesterday,” Rivers said of O’Neal’s involvement in Thursday’s session. “Maybe (he’ll do) some more today, and really, that’s the only update that I have. There’s no decision made or anything….
“I’m more confident now that he will play in the series,” Rivers said. “Maybe (game) one, maybe two but I do think he’ll play. I guess he’s done some stuff with (trainer) Eddie (Lacerte). Eddie’s more confident that he’ll play so that makes me more confident.”
Well, that clears everything up.
Shaq may not decide this series, but he does change things. His presence and scoring ability in the post makes it hard for Miami to play Joel Anthony, the undersized center who is the Heat’s best help defender and shot blocker in the middle. It’s just one of the little matchups that will all add up to some big differences in this series.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 13
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20